Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am getting a strange message:

I try to create a new WBS element (which does not exist when I try to open it) and I get this message "WBS element 123 version FREI_VERSION already exists"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

Please review Notes 160884, 529634 and 616732. You will find further info on this behaviour, a correction report and a different worarround to bypass the issue.

Regards

Martina

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

There may be inconsistente in the DB table. During the creating, a template numer is assigned to the new created WBS element like 99999999 etc. In case that there are WBS with such ID in the data base because of error, the transaction abort or raise such information. Just check the table PRPS or VSPRPS_CN, if such PSPNR exists?

Please reward, if the information is useful.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i got exactelly the same message as well when i executed these steps:

1- Create a Project Definition: BAPI_PROJECTDEF_CREATE

2- Release project (system status = ' REL'): BAPI_BUS2001_SET_STATUS

3- Create WBS (attached to project in (1)): BAPI_BUS2054_CREATE_MULTI

i also looked at the Status Profiel in SPRO, but found nothing.

then i tried excuting the steps in the order (1), (3) and then (2), it worked like a charme and had exactely what i wanted: project definiton and WBS elements created and Released right a way.

please rewards if it helps

regards,

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must look at the custimization of your project profile.

I think you have a "version profile" define.

This version profile (transaction OPTS), probably generate this project version when system status changed.

So, when you delete a project or WBS element, you can't reuse the same name because it is used by this version.

So, first you must modify your Project Profile to remove the version profile.

Then you eventually remove the remaining versions (I remember, there is a OSS note on this)

Regards