cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SeachHelp on InputFields in Table Element (NOT ALV)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I checked the forum up and down but couldn't find any answer. I have created a view which uses the table element (NOT ALV). Some columns are defined as inputfields. It is possible to enter several data in different cells.

The question is how to enable SearchHelp for these input fields. The structure bound to my table element has SearchHelps associated with it. Also all the context elements have InputHelp value as SearchHelp. I still don't get the dropdown. Is there a way to get this enabled?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koen,

The context attribute is of type "MATNR" and has the search help "S_MAT1" assigned to the "Input Help". The DropDownByKey cell editor is bound to this context element. Still the search help is not showing up. If I remove the DropDownByKey and replace with an editable Input field, then also it does not appear. We are on 2004S release with Support Pack 06. I can't figure out what is missing here. Can you please highlight the steps once again. Thanks much for your time.

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what i did to make it work:

create a node with cardinality 0..n

fill it up with attributes, give them data types

go to input help mode, put automatically

go to layout, insert table

fill in the datasource with the selection of your node

richt click on the table entry in the view structure and choose create binding

click on the ones you would like and pick inputfield as celleditor

confirm the dialog pop up and activate the view

make sure you selected some values for your table and bind them to the node

works over here

grtz

Koen

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Koen,

I'll check and redo the steps. For now I'm closing the thread. Thanks for your response and help.

Best Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team,

I got a blank DropDown in the table based on Koen's recommendation. Still the search help is not showing up in the editable cell of the Table Element. Any other ideas, or we say that it is not possible to have a search help in the Table UI element? I tried other things like assigning of an OVS input help etc, but the ideal scenario would be to have a search help so that we get as close to the standard SAP functionality. I guess we are on right track with the DropDown but something else needs to be done to attach the standard searchhelp.

Please respond with your thoughts, any help will be much appreciated. Points will be rewarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the dropdown gets filled if there's a value_set bound on a context attribute,

otherwise, the inputhelp mode should be automatic for eg matnr in the context

menu of your view, this one will be launched immediately.

grtz

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Koen,

I replaced the InputHelp celleditor with a DropDownByKey element and bound the "selectedKey" attribute to the context value in the context table. I got an empty drop down in the table control element. Still the search help is not showing up. I might have missed some step. to summarize here is what I did:

1) Created a structure in SE11 with standard fields like "MATNR", "NETWR" etc.

2) The standard search help "S_MAT1" is assigned to MATNR by default

3) Used this structure in my context with cardinality 0:n and assigned the search help to the "InputHelp Mode" of MATNR component in the context

4) In the WDDOMODIFYVIEW method, I fill the context table with 10 blank records so that they show up as input enabled fields in the view.

4) Created a Table element on my view and replaced the InputField with DropDownByKey and bound the "selectedKey" attribute to View.Context.MATNR value.

I get a short dump after this.

Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you go to your table column, you have a caption and a celleditor, you can remove that one

and add dropdownbykey celleditor, bind that to your context value and it will be

filled with the values of your value set/ checktable

grtz

Koen