cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having a unique problem with my smartforms. I have designed two pages, FIRST & NEXT, main window is placed on the NEXT page. The first page (seconday window) contains static text along with changing Vendor Numbers, and the next page contains the item details for the Vendor. The purpose of placing main window on NEXT page is to facilitate automatic overflow of data.

Now I have the following queries:

1) I used LOOP control in the First page (Secondary window), to loop through all the vendors. But for some reason the loop doesnot work. If I change the window type to 'main', only then the loop works. Is it mandatory to have loop only in the main window?? Can we not make use of it in secondary windows??

2) The next page for FIRST page is NEXT page, and that for NEXT page is NEXT page itself. I have placed a COMMAND control in NEXT page, which branches to the FIRST page after all the items are printed out on to the NEXT page. But when I execute the program, I get the FIRST page, NEXT page, FIRST page again (for the 2nd vendor) ..thats it!! The NEXT page for 2nd vendor doesnot print neither does the FIRST page for all the remaining vendors.

Can anyone suggest how to tackle this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the smartform without main window.. u cant work.. 1 more thisg is if u give the next page as NEXT for the FIRST page then also it won't trigger the NEXT page.. there are 2 ways to trigger the NEXT page.. 1 is when the main winodow overflows and the other way is to explicitily call the NEXT page using COMMAND node... here also can use this COMMAND NODE in main winow only.. otherwise system won't accept....

Ensure that the COMMAND node is triggeing the way u r expecting.. where ever u use...

U can insert loops in other windows also but u can't triiger an another page in the Secondary window.

tell exactly u requrement.. so that we can resolve it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest thinking about placing the Vendor Loop in your print program.

Loop through the Vendor numbers in the print program and Call the Smartform for each vendor.

Within the Smartform then you would have your static First Page with the Vendor information and Next Page with the Main window that loops through the item data.

You would need to remove the Command from the Next Page.

By the way, you can use a Loop in a static window.

Message was edited by:

Matt Nagel