cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Client Vs Client Specific configurations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

What is the basic difference between ' Cross-client' configurations and 'Client specific' Configurations? My understanding is that the cross-client ones generate a transport request which when moved to subsequent clients, reflect the changes there in. Client specific ones do not generate any transport requests and therefore the changes involved need to be re-done in the other clients.

Can somebody please clarify me on this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, ur understanding regarding the issue is absolutely correct, the one which u cannot transport is known as local object. ok

regards

giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

Thanx for your response. But let me be more specific.

Creation of a conditon table and access sequence - both are cross client configs.

But why in the case of condition table when I create one, system asks for a package/development class and not a transport request, whrere as when I create an access sequence it is asking a transport request alone and not a development class ?

This is the case in the standard system and other customized systems I work on as well.

Any idea ?

Mahesh

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you create an object the system always asks for a CR, so maybe this is your client system settings in SCC4 that not create CR for workbench objects.

pls. reward if helpful

regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I am afraid it is not clear enough. Do you mind eloborating ? What do you mean by CR here ?

You mean to say, both the objects - condition table and access sequnce are transportable to subsequent clients through transport requests?

Regards

Mahesh

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I mean this !!

CR = transport request

in SCC4 tcode you can control your client so that the system asks for a transport request when you create a kind of object

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it . But why, while creating a conditon table we have a 'generation' button as against the regular save button ? What we do is ' generate a conditon table' unlike in case of access sequence where in we just save after creating ?

Regards

Mahesh.

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

generation means:

save table structure and then create the DB tables in RDBMS.

All workbench object have to be generated/compiled so that they can be used.

Roberto

Pls. reward if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for your response. It makes more sense now. Is that the reason why the system asks for a "package/developmentclass" while creating a condition table but not while creating an access sequence or a conditon type ?

Regards

Mahesh...