cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 3.0 to PI 7.0 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade XI 3.0-SP14 to PI 7.0.

Does anyone has faced any specific issues with the existing XI 3.0 interfaces after the upgarde to PI 7.0 ?

Please let me know any risks with the upgrade and problems faced after upgrade.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At developers point of view not much of riskes involved. Might be you will face very few scenarios where mapping fails, q registration etc. This can be sorted out easily.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prabhu,

Actually I am not looking for general XI issues, I am looking for any issues faced in existing interfaces after upgrade to PI 7.0 i.e issues which lead to changes to existing interfaces, applying patches , or change in PI system setup/configuration.

>>At developers point of view not much of riskes involved. Might be you will face very few scenarios where mapping fails, q registration etc. This can be sorted out easily.

Also I am not sure why the mapping would fail after upgrade ? I think existing things should work as they are...

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>Also I am not sure why the mapping would fail after upgrade ? I think existing things should work as they are...</b>

This is very rare. We faced issue with java mapping when we upgraded our system. Not sure abt the cause but after cache refresh and restart of J2ee engine everything was working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

did you upgrade existing system from XI 3.0 to PI 7.0 ? or

Installed fresh PI 7.0 and migrated the existing XI interfaces ?

Thanks..

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is from XI 3.0 to PI . And we had only 6 interfaces. Execept for the issue what stated earlier the interfaces were working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the info..

Did you have any BPM scenarios ?

Also what are SP levels for XI and PI ?

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we had BPM which was using a java mapping in transformation step. This interface is typically a PoC. But after cache refresh the interface was working fine as before. The SP we use in PI is SP18

Answers (0)