Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring Web AS ABAP+JAVA or JAVA to different host

former_member912992
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear forum,

We have a disaster recovery plan by using another host (call it as the backup host) to run SAP in case the main host is failed.

The backup was done separately for DB, IFS and authorization, as well as the restore. After the restore, the profile parameters were changed to be pointing to the new host.

We did a restore of ABAP+ JAVA and JAVA only systems from the backup that was performed on the main host to the backup host.

In the JAVA part for both ABAP+JAVA and JAVA, I found a lot of things to change in configtool which are still pointing to the old host. I have tried to change the parameters that I found, but it didn't help.

I could get the ABAP part up and running by maintaining WRKSRVTBLE and some SQL packages issues, but not for the JAVA part.

Can I do a system copy from the main host to the backup host and in case of a disaster, the action is only restoring the DB part? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks before,

Agoes

Message was edited by:

Agoes Boedi Poerwanto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agoes,

Let me make sure I understand what you are trying to do. Your backup system is basically a copy of your production system running on a different host. If the production system fails then you will restore the data from the most recent backup to the system running on the backup host. Is that the scenario?

If you are just trying to copy the system to a new host and get it up and running, I would recommend an officially supported method such as a homogenous system copy to do this. However, the attached document in SAP note 568820 "iSeries: Implementing an Independent ASP (iASP) System" has an entire section on modifying an SAP system to run on a different host.

You may want to consider taking your HA strategy one step further by implementing an iASP. Your HA solution that you describe is very similar to the iASP solution, but I think an iASP will better meet your needs.

Kolby

former_member912992
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Victor and Kolby,

Many thanks for your reply.

I will look at it.

Regards

Agoes

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member912992
Participant
0 Kudos

Solved.

Regards,

Agoes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Agoes,

As I remember, for NetWeaver 6.40 at least, "DB restore" is NOT supported as a valid method of system copy for Java stack.

The official way is to run a Java export(dump) from the source, then install the target from the dump - not a good HA approach...

Is it possible for you to adapt the hostname on your target system? As I remember, RDB entry needs to be same as well.

Best regards,

Victor