cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VALUE MAPPING

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for some info on value mapping but unfortunately SAP help is quite vague.... is there a webblog not TVDemo that gives a step by step guid to implementing Value Mapping

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SO tell me cqn you use Value mapping with IDOC's

the reason I ask is because on of the steps is to define identifies in the comm channels but obviously IDocs dont have sender comm channels so how does that work do you have to do idoc to file then file to whatever you want

Former Member
0 Kudos

So literally if I follow that blog putting arbitrary names for Agency and Scema etc then it should work...

Also will i be able to see the result in my mapping test tool or will i have to run the scenario from beginning to end in order to see it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot check the mapping using test tab. Value mapping will be executed only during run time. You have to execute it completely. You can see the details of your value mapping table in CacheMonitoring of RWB.

Reagrds,

sudheer.

Message was edited by:

sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>So literally if I follow that blog putting arbitrary names for Agency and Scema etc then it should work...

Yes..

>>Also will i be able to see the result in my mapping test tool or will i have to run the scenario from beginning to end in order to see it

You have to run the scenario...

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i understqnd this but i dont understqnd whqt the qgency or schema is in the ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Recardo,

1..<b>Scheme</b> create namespaces for database objects.Constitutes the reference framework within which objects are uniquely identified by names.

2.<b>Agency</b> defines the identification scheme and issues names for the objects to be identified.

Regards,

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK so do i need to creqte the scheme qnd qgency first somewhere as in praveens blog he simply qdds the nqkes qnd then lqter in the ID qdds the same details...

Did he do something before

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to create it somewhere. You have to give those names in ID as shown in blog.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Recardo,

There are three ways in doing value mapping. it depends upon your requirement.

1. Using a <b>FixValues</b> function in the mapping.

2. Using the <b>Value mapping</b> function in the mapping and filling the value mapping table in the Integration directory under <b>Tools--> Value Mapping</b>.

3. Using the <b>Java Inbound proxy</b>.This is used when there are frequent changes in the database values. In this case the values are stored in the cache.The message interface used in this case is given under the SWCV <b>SAP BASIS</b>, under the name space <b>http://sap.com/xi/XI/System</b> , message Interface <b>ValueMappingReplication</b>. This is used when you have the data in an external system or database.

please let me know which process so you want to follow in your scenario.so that I can help you.

Regards,

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u need it short,i can explain u....

for eg:

<b>A company A bought compnay B</b>.

For sex, there can be two options

1.Male

2.female

in company A all the details are filled as 1 (for male) and 2 (for female).

but in company B it is taken as Male and female.

here we can for value mapping as

if sex is male then go for 1.

if sex is female then go for 2.

This is what value mapping is..

plz correct me if i am worng.

Cheers,

Raghavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

Have you seen this blog by Praveen?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes there is a SDN TVDemo on that. check for value mapping in this catalogue.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/xi-elearning

Also check this by blog praveen.

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

Regards,

Sudheer.

Message was edited by:

sudheer