Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI and BW

deviprasad_pothireddy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Presently i am working with SAP XI. More over i have good knowledge on dataware house concepts and datastage tools. I have also interest to learn SAP BW . Is it helpful for me in future and what would be the future having knowledge on these tech. I hope i can find good solutions.

Regards,

Deviprasad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deviprasad,

Getting knowledge about other technology or module is always helpful and so as with XI with BW. As you already working on XI and want to learn BW that will also help you in exploring about BW but as per my view you can go for JAVA/J2EE, BPM and MDM that is more related to XI.

Currently market of XI is increasing at a rapid speed as a middleware technologies and additional knowledge of related things o XI will give you more added advantage.

Warm Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Very good idea, i would appreciate your interest in this matter.

If you have Java Background then try to learn MDM,EP infuture very very helpful.because you have the knowledge of database then you can learn BI,MDM.

XI will be the key role.

you know XI.

Next in SAP Netweaver ..BI/BIW ,MDM i would suggest MDM with BI

next EP,MI,CAF if you have strong JAVA then go in this way..

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deviprasad,

It is very good to know that you have knowledge on SAP XI and dataware house.

As you said you have good knowledge on warehouse it definitely help you in future if at all if you learn SAP BW.

As you know SAP BW now renamed as BI and also one of the component in SAP Netweaver.

It is good idea to have multiskills in SAP and comming to future and deamand,SAP is good platform and SAP Netweaver is going forward so no need to worry about future.

Go ahead and learn BW.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deviprasad,

ERP is the future...

Now PI and BI 7.0(before it was BW) are on netweaver stack.

and both are technical.

XI and BW are helpfull

when u go for a scenario like pushing the data from BW to XI

or XI to BW.

XI is a tool where u have to upgrade urself along with times..or some othere tool might come up in future up with more advantages....

but in case of BW,its an application.where small upgrades come up.

but both of them require ABAP knowledge.if possible JAVA.

but up the ladder...u need functional knowledge.....

Cheers,

Raghaveszh