cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDI Portal Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I have a question regarding the use of JDI and Portal Development.

Before my company is going to use the JDI we are testing it in an closed environment.

I have 1 server, which has a WAS 6.40 Java environment, running the JDI and a Portal.

All at SP level 11.

I have used Scenario 2+ and I have tried making a simple portal application, I used the Portal Standalone project.

After making the project. I synched the sources, and tried adding a JSP Dynpage Component.

The build went fine, and in my DTR I can se that the DC made it trough the activation (it is located under the Active DC’s) .

After this, I took tried to use the deploy DC (Under the Development Configuration) which also succeeded.

But I cant se the Iview in the portal.

So now my question is.

Do I still have to upload the par to the portal (the old way with the Quick Par Upload) to see it?

Or is there a way in witch I can se how my development is going via the use of JDI ?

Help is appreciated

Regards.

Ronni Hostrup

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not working with portal, but in general you can upload/deploy you application(par file) throw the Transport Studio in CMS. You define track with systems on it.

Whenever you finish you development you should go to Transport Studio and see you archave waiting for import to QA or Production system, so there you can import/deploy it.

Did you try to do it this way?

Hope it helps.

Victor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor.

Thanx for your help.

I found out that it actually deployed it to the portal, as soon as I made a release inside the Transport studio.

Regards.

Ronni Hostrup