Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FACTORY CALENDER

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you pls explain how deliveries are effected by factory calendars.

i mean if the customer requested delivery date is 10.2.07 and the system aslo confirms the same in schedule line, but on 10.02.7, there is a public holiday or there is a saturday, what does the system do and how does it do the calculation.

in the above example, if there is a public holiday or a saturday or sun, i want the system to confirm the next day. how to do that.

regards

sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

As u aware that system does backward scheduling from the requested delivery date and incase if the material availability date lies in the past it does forward scheduling and confirm schedule lines.To the best of my knowledge if the requested delivery date is either on sunday or on public holiday as per your calendar configuration then the system automatically confirm on the next day.please correct me if iam wrong after checking on the system.

with regards

Ravi Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin;

There are 3 things here 1. Factory Calendar(FC) 2. Customer Commit Calendar(CC) & 3. Holiday Calendar(HC).

Now, every shipping point will look upto a FC assigned to it. This FC is in turn assigned to a HC.

Similarly every CC will referring to a HC.

This you may see in the definition of these calendars.

Now, the issue you are quoting might have happened because of inconsistencies here. If both the Customer and Factory Calendars are pointing to the same Holiday Calendar then we can avoid this issue.

Award if helpful.

Regards,

Mani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ideally if it is declared as holiday in factory calender, then it should have redetermined delivery date. Normally, system shall not allow delivery on holiday as per factory calender.

There is a setting I suppose that even on factory holiday transaction can take place. Try taking some guidelines from PP consultant, asthey will be through more light on the same.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin,

Try transaction SCAL. it will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Your requirement can be decided in transaction SCAL and particularly SCA6_U

Reward points if it helps.

Regards

Karan

Message was edited by:

Karan Bhatia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this information. I was wondering too... Under which module is "SCAL" transaction in the tree?? Pls tell me exact way to find SCAL..

Thx

Message was edited by:

Savas

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can the same at the following path:

IMG-General Setting-Maintain Calendar.

Regards,

Gauravjit.

Reward points if the solution is helpful.