cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure of communication link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is failure of the communications link between the application(s) and an external system likely to have any impact on the operation of the external system?

How this issue can be managed..

Thanks,

venu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean communication link between XI and application systems?

It will impact the external system but it will impact the data coming into XI. may you need deactivate and activate the communication channels for adapters like JDBC, File etc.

But other than that it should not impact the application systems ot external systems.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per above solutions..

I hope this is critical issue.

Correct it will not impact in receiver side.. Only data sending to receiver will be lost and those are failed in XI .

In such type of situations , handle your scenarios with some type of alerts to respective user to solve immediately.

if possible deactivate the CCs.

Regards..

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry i forgot to put NOT in the first sentence. It was a typo error. It was supposed to be, but i missed the 'NOT'. But in my last sentense i did put the NOT

It will NOT impact the external system but it will impact the data coming into XI. may you need deactivate and activate the communication channels for adapters like JDBC, File etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>may you need deactivate and activate the communication channels for adapters like JDBC

Not required if you select the option "Disconnect from database after processing each message" in advanced mode in the communication channel.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ;

This communication channel failure will only hinder the data transfer between the 2 systems nothing else.

Mudit

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Failure between XI and other systems technically will not have any impact on the opertaions. But interms of data there is likely to be some impact on dayto transactions.