cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support desk queries on solution manager

0 Kudos

Hi All

I have few queries on solution manager support desk functionality.

1.Is this the only way to create support desk message HELP-CREATE support desk Message from each individual system??

2.In our scenario,when we are creating the message we would like to assign component( it should be project specific component,not SAP specific component)...How to acieve this??

3.We have a requirement where the message has lot of status and fields and depending on the message processor I would like to control which status or field user should be able to view and work on...how to achieve this??

4.Need the way to send a message to the processor,as soon as his name appear as message processor.

5.I want to track all the persons involved in the message processing,how can I do this??

6.I want to use a different transaction type not the standard SLFN,so what configurations are needed??When I create a message it should automatically take properties of transaction type of newly created one??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Panda,

I will try to answer your questions?

1. From a satellite: HELP-CREATE is the only way to create a message via SAPGUI.

You also can create and send messages via BSP DSWPNOTIFCREATE if your

users in satellites have a user in SOLMAN

From the SOLMAN system you can use transaction notif_create

2.Check note 508224 in order to create nww messages

3. This looks difficult, probably you need to copy the standard transaction of Support message and madde this modifications

4.Need the way to send a message to the processor,as soon as his name appear as message processor: you can do this with actions, get a CRM consultant.

You also need to create and assign the Organization to the components

5.I want to track all the persons involved in the message processing,how can I do this?? Being in the message, Extras->Change documents

6.I want to use a different transaction type not the standard SLFN,so what configurations are needed??When I create a message it should automatically take properties of transaction type of newly created one??

I have seem other system with Z transaction types. Again SOLMAN is using CRM functionality.

Greetings from SICE boys

Dolores

marc_resch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Dolores,

I have a question about your first answer.

I didn't found the TA NOTIF_CREATE in my Satellite Systems. But in the help documentation for the Solution Manager 4.0 SP09, there is a remark, that it should be possible to create messages from the Satellite Systems by using the TA NOTIF_CREATE in the Satellite Systems, any idea?

Here same informations about our Systems:

Solution Manager 4.0

SAP BASIS 7.00 SP11

Satellite System:

SAP_BASIS 620 0061 SAPKB62061

SAP_ABA 620 0061 SAPKA62061

thx.

Marc

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

From a satellite you have only the option Help->Create message to send a message to the solman.

Maybe this transaction is working in a satellite with CRM component but I don´t think....

The solman transaction notif_create is used in the solman system and using this

transaction you can choose the Ibase component for your satellite system as the

message had been created in the satellite system.

But this transaction is not existing in satellite system, sure! could you tell me exactly the point in the help documentation where you read this?

Thanks a lot,

Dolores

marc_resch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Dolores,

first of all thanks for that answer. I read it in the germany documentation help.

Here an extract:

+Anlegen von Support-Meldungen über NOTIF_CREATE

Mit der Transaktion NOTIF_CREATE können Benutzer, die in Satellitensystemen arbeiten, Meldungen anlegen und an den SAP Solution Manager versenden.

Vorgehensweise

Starten Sie Transaktion NOTIF_CREATE.

Geben Sie folgende Werte im Dialogfenster Anlegen einer Support Meldung ein:

Priorität

System/IBase-Komponente

Kurz- und Langtext

Um Anlagen anzuhängen, wählen Sie Registerkarte Anlagen.

Sichern Sie Ihre Eingaben.

Ergebnis

Sie haben eine Support-Meldung angelegt.+

Yesterday I search the internet for a note, but I didn't find one. So I'am happy now.

But now the next problem occurs. My next issue is about the SLD. The system cannot get the data from the satellites. I'am not sure, but I think our SLD isn't perfectly configuried. Do you have an "How To" or something like that?

regards

marc