cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDN Severely slow in South Africa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SDN access in South Africa is very slow. After talking to several people, including consultants who have worked around the country, it seems that this is a common experience shared by South African SDN users.

While performance varies during the day, it is not uncommon for pages to take 45 seconds to load on average, and one can wait up to 90 seconds for pages to load in bad cases. Also, downloads of documents regularly fail, and seldom exceed speeds of 4Kb/second.

I would be interested in hearing if other people around the globe are also having difficulty accessing SDN, and whether SAP is aware of this problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Martin Ceronio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

One more thing. We will work together with SAP Hosting to measure SDN performance all over the world and hope to be more proactive in that regards.

All the best, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

i also encountered tremendous response times sometimes entering the forum list especially. The Weblog area is more or less stable (and sufficient) regarding the response times. The 60 to 90 second delay is unfortunately not academic entering the forum list in case there are more than about 130-150 users online.

There's a, let's call it, 3 step response:

1. The title area and the tree on the left side always appear very quickly.

2. The top area of the forum lists appear in the next 10 seconds then, including the number of online users and top users.

3. The response of the remaining part may last upto 1 and a half minutes (it's sufficient for make an espresso in the meantime !

The connection speed is double ISDN in my home office (128 KBits/second) and 1-100MBits externally, but the effect is the same.

Best, Stefan

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

We are experiencing it too, although 45 - 90 seconds is a lot more then I thought.

We are doing some updates to the servers in the next days and hope that this will make things better.

What is your connection speed?

All the best, Mark.

P.S. Good to know that we are read in South Africa too.

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that it's a general problem. SDN can sometimes be painfully slow and then suddenly flashing speedy. Sometimes it's just down. The thing is that maintanance is done at night US times, which implies that it is down during the day for Europe.

Eddy