cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Division at item and header level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Would anybody pl explain me whats the different between Divison given at header level and Division given at item level in billing document?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

Division at item level level is picked from the material master in sales org 1 tab.Division at item level is just for grouping of materials.

Where as division at header level is for customer.When you create a sales order,you generally put the order type and the sales area that division will be used in header level and will be copied to the billing document also.

Reward points if it helps.

Regards

Karan

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

In billing document or sales document when we talk about the header part, it says it applies to all the items. But we can have a situation where items might belong to different divisions where the customer would be created in a particular sales where the division is a different one. So, header part talks about the customer and the item details would be specific to the material.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all

Points given to appropriate people.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu Kishore,

I want to create one billing document for different division

1. what setting i have to do

2. Different credit control area is given to different sales area, what will happen

when i make one sales document/ Billing Document.

regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

When we create a Material in Material Master. Every Material is Division Specific i.e., One material can/will belong to only one Division.

When we create a sales order we need to enter document type and sales area in the initial entry screen. Sales area consists of one Division.

Header Division is the division which is the same as the division in the sales area we have entered and irrespective of no of materials this is common as this document belongs to a particular sales area.

Now we need to have flexibility in sap to sell materials belonging to different division other than the one given in sales area while creating sales order, this can be achieved by configuring sales doc type (VOV8 - Item Division).

Item division is the division to which a particular material belongs.

HEader division: System takes (reads the division from sales area entered in the initial screen andit will not allow material belonging to other division).

For item division system reads the divison from material master - Sales org 1 view.

This possible only if document type is configured in such away

reward if it helps

regards

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First Header level means whatever the opearations or transactions done will effect the entire document whereas item level means the implications will get reflected on the line item only.

Division at Header level means it comes by the order type, the sales area which you take into consideration.As you give the division here, it automatically reflects into the header level.The same gets coped to the billing document also.

Division at item level means we can have different materials that means an item is relevant to an division i.e., the division comes from the material master to the item level.

Hope this adds information.

Mohan

Award points if it is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kris,

For a billing document division at item level refers to the division taken from material master Whereas at header level it refers to the division taken from customer master.

Reward points if it helps.

Regards

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In billing document division at item means , the system will take from material master.header means from customer master level.