cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Mapping - Can it be made simple?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey mates,

I'm looking at the ABAP mapping option for transforming source format to target format. I see that we need to have class implementing IF_MAPPING and implement the method EXECUTE and then parse the source message, process it and render the target message. And, here I dont have the data in the form of an internal table which is easy for processing..rather I've to use methods like "get_elements_by_tag_name", "get_item ( index = x)" etc.

Why cant SAP make it simple...in the sense.. similar to the way inbound & outbound proxies are handled?

In inbound proxies, I dont have to worry about parsing the incoming message...I readily have it in data dictionary structures and table types.

In outbound proxies, I dont need to bother about rendering the XML message, I can pass my data dictionary structures & internal tables the EXECUTE_(A)SYNCHRONOUS method.

Are there any disadvantage of this approach? What do u say folks?

thx in adv

praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

u ll get a stream in a abap mapping, not a deep structure like in proxys. U cant use proxy functionality 4 mapping, as proxys only can use XI protocoll, a abap mapping has more power. It is ur decision 2 use the DOM parser, it is not required. U can search and replace fields with easy string operations - if u like.

Regards,

Udo