Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between adding tcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I am new to SAP security, can any one tell what is the difference between adding tcode in the menu tab to manualy adding under S_Tcode auth. object. in the same role.

Regards

Jagan

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vamshi Abap,

In my experience if you will use Menu Tab option in adding additional tcode from their you will might able to see the description of tcode, identify if it is customized or not, and cannot be deleted easily once you access the authorization of the sap users.

In manually you might able to accidentally delete or etc due to the window displayed the authorization of the users.

Thanks,

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

When you add a transaction in Menu, all the pertaing authorization objects which are check & maintained in su25 will be bought into our role.

For ex: if you add SU01 in menu, all its objects which are check&maintained in SU24 i.e., S_USER_AGR, S_USER_AUT, S_USER_GRP, S_USER_PRO, S_USER_SAS along with the field values will be pushed into our role, here you change the values as per your requirement and generate the profile.

But when you add S_Tcode manually and add field SU01 none of the above objects will be bought into your role.

Hope you get an idea of what is explained. If not please revert back.

Please award points if it is useful.

Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

In addition to Santosh, It's much easier to add the transaction in the transaction menu because it already gives you all the objects needed and you'lle just have to clean it up. For adding it manually, you still need to have the user test the transaction and add the missing objects if there are any.

regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vamshi-

Additional to Santhosh points, if you add the Transaction in Menu, you can find the entries in the table AGR_TCODES and AGR_1251 field name =TCD,but when add the transaction in S_TCODE manually,you can find the entries only in AGR_1251 field name =TCD

Muthu