cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISA/E-selling 4.0 Patch 5 deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

We're trying to make some changes to the existing pages/actions in the ISA application (ver 4, patch 5, running on WebAS 6.20). How do we do this? According to the documentation for changing the application we're supposed to use the SDM, but to start with, I can't even find an SDM on the 6.20..

Do we just put the ear file in a suitable place? If so, what is a suitable place?

Hope this note doesn't sound too confused. 😃

All help is appreciated!

Best regards

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I have no experience with this ISA application, but as war as I get your question it "translates" more or less to the general question how to deploy/update an EAR file on Web AS 6.20. If I'm not wrong here, then you have different options to deploy the ISA EAR. One of the most intuitive options is to use the Deploy Service in the Visual Administrator tool of the J2EE Engine. You start this tool using the go.bat file (on Windows) located under the <j2ee_engine_install_dir>admin folder. Then browse the tree to Cluster -> Application Node -> Services -> deploy. Then use the Deploy button on the right.

Here's the corresponding documentation as a reference: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-4/admin... manual for sap j2ee engine 6.20.pdf

(note: this is a huge PDF, so refer mainly to the chapter 6: Services Administration Reference -> Deploy Service).

Hope that's what you needed?