Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Roles to ECC 6.0 SP10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if there has been a change to the Upload Roles feature in PFCG for ECC 6.0 SP10. I have some roles I downloaded from a previous version of R/3 (4.7) that I want to upload to ECC, but I get an error message stating:

"The file does not contain any valid data"

I have tested several role files from R/3 and I get this message. I have uploaded some of these same files to ECC in the past with no problems. This problem seems to have surfaced since SP10 was applied.

I looked at the contents of the file and they appear to be in the same format. The only thing I see that is different is the line for release, and I changed it to 700. I am able to upload files that I have downloaded from other clients in this same instance.

Any insight is appreciated.

Mike Bates

9 REPLIES 9

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Is your R/3 system (4.7 / 6.20) a non-unicode system and your ECC 6.10 system (7.00) a unicode system?

0 Kudos

Yes.

R/3 4.7 is non-unicode, ECC 6.0 is unicode.

0 Kudos

Sounds familiar - it was reported last recently as bug (but not confirmed, yet).

I'd recommend to submit a bug report to SAP (component BC-SEC-AUT-PFC); it's easier to track the progress and to notify you on results.

Regards, Wolfgang

0 Kudos

Thank you. I will submit a message.

Best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

As corresponding internal message is locked I'm answering here.

Please select encoding (Unicode) during the download and upload of the role

/SCWM/ERP_EWM_INTEGRATION. Without selecting correct codepage I get message "The file does not contain any valid data" in Q1P(001) system.

With selecting codepage - I see the message that have get the message "No authorization". This means that file was read correctly.

Best regards,

Mikhail

0 Kudos

Exactly speaking: choose "encoding: Unicode (UTF-8)" in the file selector box which is displayed when exporting a role respectively when importing it.

UTF-8 is a platform-independent encoding for Unicode characters.

Regards, Wolfgang

0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses.

I am specifically interested in why the R/3 roles that I have previously been able to upload to ECC no longer upload. I have uploaded these roles previously from the exact same files to this ECC instance with no issues. The only variable appears to be SP10 on ECC.

I no longer have access to the R/3 system to download them again with a different encoding, so it is not an option.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

The default code-page in ECC might have been changed. So system during upload by default expects the file in different encoding. You do not need to re-download the roles. You can try to play with encoding during upload.

Best regards,

Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

A colleague here found a solution to this problem.

When selecting the file to upload, you must select the "Parameter" value at the bottom of the file selection dialog. I have tried it with both Unicode for ANSI and Unicode for UTF-8 and they both work. It appears that this parameter is not being defaulted anymore.

This problem is resolved. Thanks to all for the input.

Regards,

Mike