cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scales in Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Q) Can any one enlighten me about scales in the pricing.

how would we configure scales in pricing & whats the importance.

expecting from you a celar idea about it.

i would appreicate for the promt responses.

Krish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Scale is an independent piece of master data that can be used in many different condition records. When you create a condition record, you can also maintain the condition rates or condition percentage rates according to the assigned scales.

You can define scales when you create condition records. The scale you use determines how shipment costs are calculated. For example, you can use a scale to define that the freight rate that is used for calculation depends on the weight being transported and the distance it is being transported.

Pls reward me if i am right.

thanks

kiran.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Instead maintaining records to say buy item x 10 units 100/- then 20 units 200/- or 175/- whatever rate might it be, in a single record while creating condition records scales allow us to have quantity based price. Also we can different scales, in the sense we can sell an 10 qty for 100/- and 20 qty for a lesser price as the customer is buying more at may be 190/-. Also instead of quantity we can have volume, weight as well as parameter to maintain the price. If needed we can have our own formula which allows to calculate price the way we want. Then we can also scales arranged either ascending or descending.

Hope it helps. Pl reward if useful.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Condition type, you can configure scale's also. Scales can be acending or decending. Eg. of scales is as under:

<u>Scale</u> <u>Price</u>

1 - 10 100

11 - 25 98

26 - 50 96

51 - 75 93

76 + 90

If scales are configured in condition type, they can be maintained in Condition record accordingly.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.