soon as the order is complete. We have a few cases where

the order was completed, delivered and even invoiced yet output was not

proposed automatically. If we open using va02 and save(making no

changes at all) it proposes the output.

Using the status overview menu path, we see that although the header

status is completed, the completeness status says Incomplete Header

Data. Using menu path Goto->Header->Status shows everything as

complete. We're lost as to why it doesnt propose the output

automatically when the order is completed.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you alllocated a printer to the output? I know it sounds crazy, but i think SAP reads some data from the printer settings. I have experienced problems with email output if the printer was lacking.

Regards

Magnus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check for your output condition type in the further data button " Requested Processing " section > Dispatch time. If you have a batch job that runs periodically, then the configured outputs would go according to that periodicity. If you want the output to be sent immediately then select the Dispatch time as " Send immediately ( When saving the application ) ".

Hope this helps. Please reward if helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

output is configured to send immediately. That's not the issue. It's why output doesnt propose automatically when order is completed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check with your email program if something is missing. You may need the help of your abaper.

Sadhu Kishore

0 Kudos

HI,

I just had a similar issue with a custom routine where the output wasn't determining because the requirements of the routine were not satisfied.

From the output screen on the sales order select Goto-> Determination analysis. This will tell you what happened with the output. If the condition record was found and if the routine requirements were met.

In my situation the requirements were not met because the routine was reading fields that were updated on save and not available when output determination was executed.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried that already... problem is, output never got proposed so there's no analysis log...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Just thought of checking this up...have you maintained the condidtion record for the output type?

Use VV11 to create a condition record for the order type and sales org and medium and time (immediately).

Award points if helpfull.

Thanks and regards

Biju

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Our access sequence is SalesOrg/Sales Order Type and the order type is in the condition table. "

condition tables are populated with correct sales org, order type and medium

The issue isn't config. Order confirmations are getting generated for other orders, it's just some special cases that we can't figure out why the confirmation would not propose automatically. The order types for these orders are in the table, the sales org matches what's in the table and as I mention, all we need to do to get the output to proposed is to go into va02 and just save the order without making any changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I am not talking about config...

I was mentioning about condition records...just try VV13 and your output type check if the combination record exists? If no create that using VV11.

Regards

Biju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Biju, I've awarded you points but please read my posts more carefully

<b>condition tables are populated with correct sales org, order type and medium</b>

again, condition tables are correctly populated. <b>Condition tables are NOT the issue here</b>

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

You have said in ur previous updates you were not able to see the determination analysis log.

You wont be able to see that in VA03. Try VA02 and goto outputs and now try the determination analysis. here you can check why your output was not proposed.

Also can you please let us know if you are trying to print the order confirmation if so have you maintained the printer address in the condition record communication tab?

regards

Biju

Former Member
0 Kudos

These outputs are strictly for email. No printing involved.

The problem with using the determination analysis in va02 is that it only shows it being successfully proposed because I went in under va02. It does not show me any history as to why it was not proposed when the order was initially completed.

Just to be clear, this isn't a case where the output proposed but failed for some reason. The output never got proposed at all, despite the requirements being met.

I have a OSS note open, I'll keep the forum updated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You said :

" Using the status overview menu path, we see that although the header

status is completed, the completeness status says Incomplete Header

Data."

That is the reason for missing output.

when your order was made complete... the status was not updated properly.

So you answered your question why the output is missing ... now you just need to find out why the status was not updated properly 🐵

Try to replicate the same scenario ... create incomplete order, then try to complete the same way as it was done for your orders with misisng output and check if status in VBUK is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wondering if there is issue with your e-mail send process. If that is fine, you could validate that the e-mail ouput for the Sales order was sent to the correct reciever.

HTS,

Viren.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

In Maintain output determination procedure > for the procedure you are using have you assigned the requirement correctly? as 2 .

Regards

Biju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biju,

Yes, I should have mentioned the config is setup to propose output correctly. It does it for certain orders but not for these for unknown reasons. Our access sequence is <b>SalesOrg/Sales Order Type</b> and the order type is in the condition table.