cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

( Proof of Concept MDM to Michael Theis )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once again I am knocking at your doors because I need to implement this Prof. of Concept and hope that you can help me to solve it .

We want to consolidate our BP department data. It’s simple and for that we consider the following:

Partnerid

Name

Firstname

Email

Additional fields will be added after..

For now we our Client System is CRM and he will communicate with CRM through XI.

1) My first question: Do I have to use the Standard BP repository in MDM or is it better creating my own repository. (I will import the data from a system which has been implemented in CRM)

2) This system in CRM will send a lot of files to XI and for that I think the best way to operate is to generate the structure (xsd) in XI and define an XML schema in my repository. This will help me to import several files with import manager before processing the data. Right?

I will establish some rules and strategies, workflow procedures and will process the data with Data manager. Data will be syndicated to CRM after.

Is it that proof of concept too simple : We only want to use standard clients’ applications of MDM (import, data manager, and syndicator). We will configure XI and will load the file with an ftp server.

I have just created an xml file and its corresponding .xsd in order to proove how MDM works but now I want to execute the whole process ( CRM –XI-MDM-XI-CRM).

Your assistance will help me a lot.

Thanks Michael.,

Thanks Guys

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stan,

1) This depends on your scenario. Does it fit to the standard BP? Do all required fields already exist in the BP? If yes, you should consider using the BP. Why? The reason is that all the work you would have to do (creating XML Schema on XI, data transfer from CRM to XI, Mapping the Data Structures from CRM to your repository, and so on) is already done for the standard BP (at least for the way CRM -> XI -> MDM, MDM -> XI ->CRM should be part of SP5).

If the BP does not fit to your needs, you can surely create a repository of your own.

2) This is correct. The XML Schema defines the XML message that you want to import. Using an XML Schema ensures, that the incoming XML message is always parsed in the same way. This enables you to define an Import Map that is valid for all incoming XML messages that fit to the XML Schema.

From my point of view, your POC is fine since Import Manager, Data Manager and Syndicator are the most important tools fpr any consolidation or harmonization scenario.

Kind regards

Michael

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I have alredy build the scenario as Stan described. I had to modify the BP repository to our need. Having some problems rightnow regarding extracting Marketing Attributes from CRM and with Synchronizing data with CRM, Particularly Delete Contact, Delete BP and Contact relationship, Add relationship cases.

Looking at CRM API and custom code to update CRM. Is it worth the effort or should wait for MDM SP5, with delivered content to update CRM??

Thanks,

Abhay