cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am M.Tech in computer aided desighn, recently i completed sap abap.i am interested to learn APO.since it is functional does it need any prior domain experience (like sd,mm,pp, since they need domain exp in these related areas before learning and to get job)is it like that for APO.And also i need to know the career prospectus in this APO as fresher,i need to know the institutes providing good training for this.is APO programmin?.can any body provide me the required information.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok can u give me ur mail id atleast.i need it.since talking is better than through mail,so that i can clear my doubts

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's published on my busines card - somnath.manna@tcs.com

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

santhosh thanx for ur reply.

can i have ur contact no

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Venkat - I prefer responding through SDN or mail only.

Regards,

Somnath

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I believe there has been similar such queries in this forum earlier. Suggest looking through those. If you have done SAP ABAP training (refer to "recently i completed sap abap) then getting more experience in ABAP and working through it would be natural choice. APO like other SAP applications is a mix of Functional and Technical and good ABAPer are always in demand. Given you have a technical background and no functional experience (assuming no work experience in an organisation) getting into functional consulting will be a tough order.

SDN is a vast source of information and you should go through the SCM and APO Wiki pages to get a better high-level understanding of the different modules. Also look into SCM-BPX. All links are in <a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/Main">SCM Wiki</a>. Go through these and then take your own judgement call. If you ask me - Technical (ABAP or BASIS) would be a good starting point for a pure fresher.

As for training - SAP Academy training is provided by Siemens and Genovate.

Look through SAP's <a href="http://www.sap.com/asia/services/education/schedule/schedule_IN.htm">Training Calendar</a>

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Somnath

Old forum question links

[url=;New to SCM[/url]