Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best pratices in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I would like to know which is the best alternative for the followin scenario:

The XI receive an file, transform it and send for a partner. The content of this file must be stored in a base.

1a. option: build a BPE to receive the file, make the mapping, send the content to a JDBC adapter ( or a RFC if the base is stored in R/3 ) e send the message for a patner using the file adaper.

2a. option: make the mapping for message to transform into new message to send for a partner. Create a receiver determination and in interface determination assign the interface mapping, and in Receiver Agreement I build an Adapter Module to use in Receiver Commnunication Channel to perform the operation for store data in a base using the JDBC or Jco to connect to R/3 and call the RFC.

What is the best alternative? And the performance... If I create Adapter Modules to perform the operations in a database or call the RFC via Jco, which implications this can bring in the performance of the XI?

[]s

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best solution is to use 2 receivers in the "receiver determination". This will give great performance advantage over BPM.

Moreover for ur second option, you need not go for Adapter module, you can do that in mapping itself using a Java Mapping. Create a Java Mapping and add it in interface mapping as a second mapping.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Avoid BPM !!!

The best way would be to use multiple receivers in the receiver determination and then route the message to both the recv. One the JDBC and the other RFC (or anything as you choose).

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can also do something like this:

create a simple flow (no BPM)

with 2 receivers: one - partner, second - jdbc

this way you will avoid the BPM and you will have data in two places

but you need to think about error troubleshooing too

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>