cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP .NET Connector without SAP GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using the SAP .NET Connector 2.0 in my ASP.NET C# web application. We have successfully completed the application which updates data via BAPIs in SAP 4.6C using the users' login credentials. We have given each user appropriate authorization in the SAP instance to run the BAPI. Within the web application, we have implemented additional authorizations and business logic.

Because we do not want the users to bypass the additional business logic and authorizations, we do not want them to directly log into the SAP GUI and run the transactions via the GUI. Therefore, we need to prevent them from logging into the SAP GUI or prevent them from running the transactions.

We have also experimented with creating different user types such as reference user, but the SAP .NET Connector seems to require a dialog user.

Does anyone have any suggestions to prevent the user from bypassing the web application? Am I missing a setting that would allow the user to login via the SAP .NET Connector as a reference user? Is there a security role to allow the user to run the RFCs, but not the transactions in SAP?

thanks,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

reference user is used only for reference purposes, he is not allowed to log on.

For example, you can create a reference user WEBUSER, grant him authorizations etc. and then you can create hundreds of internet users without authorizations, just with reference to the WEBUSER. All WEBUSER authorizations are then added to Internet users. This simplifies users administration.

For your purposes, you should use user type Communication or System. Communication type is better since all system rules for passwords (like patterns, change period) apply, whereas System users are excluded from these rules.

Regards,

Dawood.