cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user defined function

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello anybody

is there any user define function to combine the standard function exist and a check if the field is empty??

I want to check if an field exist an is not empty if possible in on function.

regards

ralf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u can very well go for the graphical mapping: use <b>exists</b> and a condition to check if the field is empty instead of going for a UDF.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As Bhavesh said ,<b>Mapwithdefault</b> is a function to used to map one value as default.this is not helpfull.

But replying to this question .

If the field value is equals to some value ---then use function CREATEIF- to target function.

field --euqls -- required value -- createif -- target value.

Regards

Chilla..

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Can you explain more detailed what you want to achieve?

When you check for a specific value, this is check is only true, when the value exists, so there should not be a need for a seperate check.

Maybe you should look in this blog:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/01/09/the-use-of-suppress-in-the-xi-30-graphical-mapping-tool

to understand the behavior if the <i>exists</i> and <i>ifWithoutElse</i> function.

Regards

Stefan

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the mapwithdefault function (node function). In this case if the node doesnt exist, the target field will be mapped with the default value given in the function. in case the field is empty the target will be filled with an empty constant else with the vaue of the source.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a standard function to handle this.

use <b>MAPWITHDEFAULT</b>.

Regards

Bhavesh