cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Configuration done is R3 side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When an R3 system is trigerring an IDOC towards an XI system we do the following configuraion in the R3 side.

1. Create Rfc destination- here we specify the target as SAP XI system.

2. Create port- here we give the idoc message type basic type and also the rfc desination created

3. Register the logical system coerresponding to this R3 system in Transaction BD54 or sale.

Now we go to the transaction WE19 and trigerr the idoc

Here in the control records we enter the Port, Partner No,Partner type ( both in the recipient side .. i guess). we also give the idoc message type here. then we say standard outbound processing and we'll have the idoc here in XI.

<b>I don't understand why we do this only in the recipient side and not in the sender side.</b>

<b>I also couldn't figure out how the IDOC knows to namespace does it should go and hit when it comes to XI. coz we are only givingthe target system name in the RFC destination. we are not givin any details of the namespaces or softwarecomponents in XI</b>

any kind of suggestion is appreciated?

regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>Source</b>

A post by Deepu Venugopal on the above thread

<i>Think of it as this way...whenever XI's IDOC adapter receives an IDoc, it requires the metadata about the IDOC to operate on it and convert it to an IDOC-XML...

In a regular scenario..it is straight forward...If an SAP system is sending an IDoc, then in XI for that SAP system, there would be a port maintained using transaction IDX1 through whihc XI IDOC adapter downloads metadata dynamically...The download of metadata happens only the first time....The different metadata downloaded can be viewed using TCODE IDX2...(from here if we want we can forcefully import the metadata..)

Now coming to your scenario, the since the sending system is an FTP client and you have a made up ALE name in the business service, we need an entry for that ALE name in IDX1...Now the IDX1 entry should point to an SAP system which has the metadata regarding the IDoc being processed....You may or maynot download the IDOC metadata using IDX2(the system will do it automatically the first time)..

In effect we are telling XI to check for IDOC metadata from a different system and not the FTP clinet...</i>

hope this shud answer ur post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i agree to you , the configurations what you said.

When Idocs are triggered , by NACE , ALE configuraion , and respective Xi scenarios will take.. i mean if IDoc is pushed to Xi , this will directly interact to XI Integration server and then IDoc Adapter which is resides on Integration server sonverts into IDoc XML and transfer to Pipeline...similarly receiver side IDoc Adapter converts the IDoc XMl to receiver R3 specific foramt .

And here is namespace is repository namespace

Repository namespaces are used to avoid naming conflicts within object types in the Integration Repository. SAP XI assumes in most cases that it can identify a design object uniquely

See below links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a3/cc132914cf41e4a193c32627a87542/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards

Chilla..

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

a good "place" for all of your questions about XI and IDOCs

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi"><b>Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI</b></a>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul,

This is exactly why you create a WebAsABAP business system with the logical system name of your R3 as the sender Business System in XI.

Why don't you try this ? Delete the logical system name from the Business System in the SLD , refresh the SLD data cache and see if the Idoc reaches XI? it will not reach XI and will be stuck in SM 58 in your R3 system with an erorr that will tell that no configuration found for the idoc in XI -- something of this sort,

The namespace is taken from the Idoc itself. Remeber you use the Idoc itseld as the messge interface --> and this has the default namespace . So, when the Idoc is triggered, the Sender Business System is first located using the Logical System name and then the corresponding Idoc's receievr determianation is loacted.

Regards

Bhavesh