Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automate User creation using SCAT ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any body help me out in generating a script for automating User creation by SCAT ?

I recorded the steps,but failed to upload the values from the excel sheet to SAP.How to enter the values in the excel sheet - Is it row-wise or columnwise ?

Thanks,

s<i><b>A</b></i>mik.

4 REPLIES 4

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SCAT includes the following main steps

1)Recording the Steps

(Go through the screens you want to make entries to be careful not to forget to fill in Lastname and password as they are the mandatory fields and rest are optional depends on whether u want them to be involved in the script or not. Once done save the script

2) Now declare the values u entered in the script to variables for this go to test case created in change mode and double click TCD then select the "Field List" in the upper left corner of the screen. Now here you can see the values u entered replace any which you feel need to entered with a & . Fields which you donot declare as variables get the values u entered as default values .

after filling fields you wanted backout from screens and save it

3) Download the script to your computer.

for this Select Goto > Variants> Export and save the file with .TXT

4) open the file with excel and fill in the values donot change any entries obtained in the excel otherwise the uploading script will be corrupted.

5)Select Execute Button in the subsequent screen choose the file with filled in entries make sure that the file is not open.

Select the procesing mode as background to be on the safer side

and press execute

it will work if you have performed the above steps correctly.

Regards,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the excel sheet you will get the default value which you have entered at time of recording. Enter the values in column under the same values which you have enterd at time of recording.

For example when you have entered User id, Name etc

(Default values)You will have this values displayed in excell sheet in a single row

Please fill the relevant values under each(default value) column

Save you will be prompted with some option dont choose any thing just click ok.

If you still have problem let me know. I have posted how to use SCAT step by step in posts.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Soma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samik,

Automate User creation using SCAT is only possible till 6.20 release. If your release is 6.40 it is not allow you to automate through SCAT but you can do it with the LSMW transaction code.

Thanks

Ashok Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samik

After recording the file, when you download the recorded file onto your system save it as .txt file. Open it with excel, change the default values n again save it as .txt file. Once you run the script, your work will be done.

Please visit :

http://www.sapsecurityonline.com/tutorials/scat.htm in case you need some help.

Please award points if it helps.

Regards,

Santosh