cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Desk Message Creation in SOLUTION MANAGER through External Emails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am a ABAP Developer , as mentioned in subject, my part is to Create support desk message in solution manager,through external Emails like outlook Express . To do this task i am in need of more information about some componenets which are used in solution manager support desk Message.

My Doubts are,

1) What is the use of Ibasecomponent in Message Creation?

2) What if the ibasecomponent is mentioned as a defaut value ' 24 ' ( i.e is the ibasecomponent for solution manager - support desk ) ?

3) To track the system from which the message is created , is ibase required or the SAP component will give those information?

If anyone has already worked with this subject, please give me some suggestions ASAP.

Thanks in Advance,

Mohana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

could someone summarize the different steps we have to take to be able to update service desk messages from an external email ?

- can we update comments ?

- can we change statuses ?

general explanation would be very helpfull for us to define our approach

thanks in adavnce experts.

regards

bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey priya,

To identify satellite systems ibase component is used (ie Systems other than Solution manager like Erp, crm, scm and so on are satellite systems from solution manger point of view),

So Every satellite system will be given component nos by the solution manager system itself.

So within ibase (tcode ib52 u wil have to specify System id and installation nos of satllite system and then the system will create a component nos :

For E.g

For identifying satellite ERP or R'3 system, in tcode ib52 for solution we will have to specify System id and installation nos and then solution manager will give component ( ie just a number to uniquely identify these system say it gives 3258 as component, then this 3258 is used to identify ERP ssytem).

So when u create a suppport desk message from ERP sytem, solution manger system understands that the message has come from component 3258.

There is one more use of Ibase, but according to your queries thats not important, soi didnt mention it and its not usefull from an abaper point of view.

i think this answers Q.1 and Q.3

Regarding Q.2 plz let me know if u r specifying ibase or ibase component as 24.

Ibase is diffrent and ibase component is difrent.

With a single ibase (say ibase 0) there would be several ibase components( these components are just numbers meant for uniquely identifying a satellite system ).

Also Reward points for usefull answer and most important of all let me tell u that u r doing a challenging job, plz let me know if u could achieve it.

Revert back as and when u need.

Message was edited by:

Suzzane Dsouza

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suzzane,

Thank you so much for your valuable suggesstions, your answers have cleared my doubts, i will work on it and surely let you know if this works.

Regarding 24 as ibase or ibasecomponent , it is as ibasecomponent, i will try it setting it as a default value if i face any problems i will post it in forum.

I face one more problem also in my task, if you are a ABAPer PLZ clarify this also.

I would like to know if it is possible to map the Keyuser number or 'BP', with the senders email address .

(i.e) when a person sends a email , from the email address we have to read or map the BP or keyuser , i checked out that in user maintenance for solution manger they assign users for SOLMAN , but how can the email address be read from it.

Thanks in Advance,

Mohana

Former Member
0 Kudos

The structure SZA7_D0400 has field Smtp_addr which stores Email address of the BP. Remember if u want to use Email-id from Su01 then the structure would be SZA5_D0700 with the same field as obove.

The field is the same and the DE and the domain is the same.

Revert if any queries.

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mohana,

Let see if I can explain this well:

1) What is the use of Ibasecomponent in Message Creation?

When you define a Solution in the SOLMAN, you need to update your Ibase

Edit->Initial Data transfer for Ibase

This create a tree structure in the ibase IB52, as you can see in the attachment.

You get a componet number for SID-Client

You can configure the SOLMAN in a way that when a message arrives from

<System ID> <Installation Number> <Client> <User Name>

this is what solman knows from a message comming from a satellite, them you

know directly from which component/ibase the message has been received.

This is important data, the component/ibase, for reporting issue, for assigning this component to a sold-to-party (being in IB52, left tree, select a system and go to Goto->Partner you can assign a Sold-to party BP there for example)

2) What if the ibasecomponent is mentioned as a defaut value ' 24 '

By default the SOLMAN system has a Intalled base 01 already created for being used and maintained "automatically":

being in dswp, solution : Edit->Initial Data transfer for Ibase

If not you msut maintain the ibase manually from IB52, this is also possible.

The Ibase 01 is a prconfigured iBase for being used for the SOLMAN application.

Tink that the SOLMAN system is built up a CRM system, so the IBase is CRM matter. SOLMAN is only using some CRM applications to build the Service Desk scenario for example.

I3) To track the system from which the message is created , is ibase required or the SAP component will give those information?

Ibase is required

Hope this helps,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores ,

Thank you so much for clarifying my doubts, your suggestions were very helpful .Now i have got a detail idea about the ibasecomponents role in message creation.I will work on it and put the status of it in our forum discussion.

I face one more problem in my task,if you are a ABAPer PLZ clarify this also.

I would like to know if it is possible to map the Keyuser number or 'BP', from the senders email address .

(i.e) when a person sends a email , from that email address we have to read or map the BP or keyuser , i checked out that in user maintenance for solution manger they assign users for SOLMAN , but how can the email address be read from it.

Thanks in Advance,

Mohana

Message was edited by:

MOHANA PRIYA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dolores,

My problem with Ibasecomponent is resolved , but now when i make us of of "BAPI_NOTIFICATION_CREATE", for creation of support desk message in SOLMAN 4.0 . The problems that i am facing are ,

1)By default the notification type is taken as 'SLFN',though i pass 'SLF1' as my input parameter to BAPI.WHY is this happening?

2)Support Team is getting picked up in the partners tab of Transaction Data ,but not displayed in the fast entry of support desk.

3) I would like to ADD ATTACHMENTS also to my support desk messages,where should i pass this parameter ?

Other than this i am getting the rest of the feilds,in the message created

If you know the working of this standard BAPI pls send me the details of the input parameters that i have to pass for the message creation and give solution for my problem ASAP.

If there are any SAP notes or blogs that are related to this,pls send me those details also, its a urgent requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Mohana Priya