cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM server 5.5 installation Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One of our client is going to install SRM server 5.5 along with CCM2.0, LAC WPS and TREX. Also, BW7.0 and XI 7.0 is in the scope.

I have some queries on this:

1) When installing SRM 5.5 with abap+java components, will LAC will automatically installed, or it has to be installed seperately as an addon Java component.

2) Is CCM2.0 a part of SRM 5.5 installation, or it is seperate.

3) If we install NW 04s, will BW7.0 and XI 7.0 & EP 7.0 will be installed automatically as an add on component, or it has to be installed seperately. ( All systems are going to be in a single server machine for developement but different for production environment)

4) Will a seperate DVD package will be available for NW standalone TREX installation. can you explain in detail.

Thanks in advance,

Sailesh K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ad 1. LAC is a java component. You can choose in instalation setup to install it or not.

ad 2. CCM 2.0 is a separate component on different CD. You can add CCM 2.0 using transaction SAINT

ad 3. If you install SRM 5.5 and add BI component, BW7.0 will be automaticly installed. Enterprise Portal too. SRM 5.5 have only connectors to XI, not all instance.

ad 4. This question is detailed answered on the end of SRM Master Guide available on service.sap.com/instguide

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcin,

I believe, SRM 5.5 is a part of NW 04s. So, if i install NW 04s, then, all the components SRM 5.5, LAC, BW7.0 and EP would be installed automatically with different instances on a same machine. But we have to choose which all we need to install on same server.

Am i correct. If i am wrong, please correct it.

Thanks in advance,

Sailesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, SRM 5.5 is a part of NW04s.

When you are installing SRM Central Instance, on installation step 2 you can choose installation components like: SRM LAC, BI Java, EP etc.

If you do this LAC and BW and EP will be installed automaticly. All transaction like RSA1, RSPC, RRMX etc. will be enabled.

On SRM Master Guide you have description how to configure LAC. If you have any problems with LAC, please open new thread.

EP will be available on instance port like http://srmserver:5<instance_number>00

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcin,

I have a question.

BI java and EP will be on different instance or will be in the same instance as SRM server 5.5?

Thanks in advance,

Sailesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sailesh,

BI and EP will be on the same instance as SRM server. If your instance has 03 number, then EP will be available on http://srmserver:50300/irj/portal

Regards,

Marcin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls refer the foll link for teh insatllation guides:

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/instguides

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.