cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Sneakpreview - Java error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I un-installed all my previous installation & downloaded 2 ABAP Preview files (Part 1 &2) again. I got the following error while installing..THe below message i took it from log.txt.

(Jan 30, 2007 10:14:00 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\SAP\NSP\log.txt for details.

(Jan 30, 2007 10:14:00 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

STACK_TRACE: 15

ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.execute(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:254)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:224)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllInstallationSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:177)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.install(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:268)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

(Jan 30, 2007 10:14:25 PM), Install, com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct, err, An error occurred and product uninstallation failed. Look at the log file C:\SAP\NSP\log.txt for details.

(Jan 30, 2007 10:14:25 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

STACK_TRACE: 15

ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.execute(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:254)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:224)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllUninstallationSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:192)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.uninstall(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:313)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.uninstallProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.processActionsFailed(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Can anyone tell me what is the issue..

<b>Note:</b> The installation steps are different than my previous installation. May be SAP has changed the wizard.

Thanks in advance..

BM

Message was edited by:

Bharathi M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Installation fails with error log: ProductException: error code = 200

Run the clean-up tool for the registry. Install the MS Loopback Adapter or connect the computer to the network. For further information regarding the MS Loopback Adapter please have a look in the Installation Guide

Check the link more details:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/6055f523-df6e-2910-f0bf-acccbb0a7d37

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

THanks for u reply..

I have connected to wireless network. Still do i need to install MS Loopback adapter?

Thanks for your input..looking forward to solve ...

BM..

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I cleaned my registery & finally formatted the system..also re-downloaded the S/W again..Nothing seems to be helpful..

1. Installed MS loop back adapter

2. Configured Host file

Still having issue at 86%..and same error what i posted above...

I have jre1.5.0_06 in my system..is it the correct version to have it? also set up the Environment variable...

Please help me out with this error..

BM...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to have JDK , I dont think 1.5 is supported ,better install 1.4.2_09 ..

Thanks

Prince

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply..

I can't see the 1.4.2_09, but i can see 1.4.2_13 for download from java.sun site. Is it ok?

DO i need to set the Environmental variable for JDK also?

BM..

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can get JDK from the url below

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_09/index.html

also set JAVA home to JDK installation directory and set path to java_home\bin

thanks

Prince

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply..let me install & get back to you..

Before that i have one more question..

Do i need to install JRE 1.4.2_09 also?

<i>also set JAVA home to JDK installation directory and set path to java_home\bin</i>

-->You mean path varibable name should be java_home\bin.

I promise you, will reward you fully once i am done...

BM..

Message was edited by:

Bharathi M

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think will get installed as part of JDK ..

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi,

Prince is correct here,I have also found out that JDK 1.5 is unsupported.

Regards,

Siddhesh

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi,

If you install the ABAP trial version, this problem is not related to the installed JDK or JRE. In fact, the installer intalls its own JRE temporarily. Thus you don't need any Java installation on your pc.

Just make sure that no other application is running during install time and the install process gets not interrupted by any other activity on your pc.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds good..Let me try again..

<i>Just make sure that no other application is running during install time and the install process gets not interrupted by any other activity on your pc.</i>

Do you know the applications?

I have norton antivirus..will it stop the process?

BM..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have seen this Norton anti virus and Internet security causing problems. SO it better to stop that also.

Thanks

Prince

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes agreed

Same problem i faced.

Norton does cause a problem, snooze it for an hour or so during the installation.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Klaus,

Thanks for throwing light on this issue...It clicked...All becos of Norton, i almost struggled for 15 days on this issue..

This time the installation went very smoothly..

Thanks to everyone to solve this issue finally..

Let me share my experiences..

1. As Klaus said, you NO need to have JRE,JDK

2. You NO need to configure any path like JAVA_HOME etc.

3. Please stop Norton when you install it...

BM...

Answers (0)