cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXDB is shutdown sundently

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am installing Adobe Document Services on WAS Java (NW04) which inturn installed on MAXDB.During installation i created new Data Volume with 409600 Size.it shutdown and could not able bring up.when i goto Rundirectory and checked file knldiag.err file .In this file it says following way

-

2007-01-31 16:38:25 0x11A4 ERR 18156 VOLUMEIO It's not a valid volume: 'C:\sapdb\J2E\sapdata\DISKD0004'

2007-01-31 16:38:25 0xDC4 ERR 14 IOMan Attach error on Data volume 4: error evaluating volume

2007-01-31 16:38:25 0xDC4 ERR 15 Admin RestartFilesystem failed with 'I/O error'

2007-01-31 16:38:25 0xDC4 ERR 8 Admin ERROR 'disk_not_accessibl' CAUSED EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN

-

here DISKD0004 Data volume i created.Now what is the way to correct this volume size?Please help me

Thanks

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

as you're a SAP colleague, please be reminded of the fact that these kind of issues should be handled the official way, over OSS. I suggest you open an internal message on queue BC-DB-SDB for your issue.

Just FYI, I am also adding the SDN Forum's <a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement">Rules of Engagement</a>.

Thanks & regards,

Roland

P.S.: when posting issues concerning any DB (incl. MaxDB) it always makes good sense to include the exact MaxDB version and operating system details.

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

1)

Please logon to the database server & update with the output of the following commands:

dbmcli -s inst_enum

dbmcli -s db_enum

sdbregview -l

xinstinfo J2E

dbmcli -d J2E -u control,control param_getvolsall

2)

You wrote:

"During installation i created new Data Volume with 409600 Size.

it shutdown and could not able bring up.

"

Could you please update with more information how did you

"create" the datavolume? 409600 Size ? What unit? Pages?

You could add the data volume when database is online or ADMIN

Mode. You could do so using DBMGUI tool, for example.

See the documentation at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/maxdb/ ->

MAXDB library ->

Database Manager GUI: Creating, Displaying and Deleting Volumes

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina