cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project "Compare and Adjust" Functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have created a template project that we are using to capture all the business processes we have implemented. When we have a project we create an implementation project and pull in the associated business processes from the template project. If we are adding a new business scenario/process/step, then it is first put on the template project and then added to the implementation project.

We then associate our documentation and objects in the project documentation tab, transaction, configuratino, and development tab. After I run the project "compare and adjust" in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, I expect to see the differences between these tabs in SOLAR01/02. This is not the case. When I go to the tab and click "adjust to origina" I can see there is a difference between the template and implementation project. I want to have the difference e.g. document be adjusted/copied to the template project through the copy command. Unfortunately this is not working. Any ideas????

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janice,

I understood you have two problems:

<i>Differences between the projects are <b>not</b> marked in the structure or on the tab by yellow icons</i>

Here I would check the personal user settings in SOLAR01/02 if the enhancement/comparison mode is set so that changes at the original are compared. Check if the changes are displayed on the left hand table. Only changes at the original are flagged.

<i>"Copy" doesn't copy the changes from template to implementation project</i>

Check if the changes are displayed on the left hand table. Only those can be copied.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andreas!

I checked the user settings and they are set as you described. It is a rather odd problem. Sometimes the "yellow icons" appear but not consistently. It is almost as if something must be "re-set" before I can see the changes. I did find an relevant OSS note so we are in the process of applying that to see if our problem will be resolved.

For the second issue, when I do the "yellow icons", I click the adjust button and there are differences visible on the two sides of the pop up. However, I am not able to complete the adjust functionality. So to give more context here is what I am doing... I have created a template project - let's call it master and an impementation project. I have created the business scenario/process/steps in the master plan. I then have created the same business scenario/process/steps in the implementation project with the "master" template project as the source. I then had added documentation to the project documentation and development tab. In addition, I have added items to the configuration tab. I want to be able to reflect the documents back to the "master" project so others can reuse. How can I do this? I have been running the compare in solar_project_admin by selecting the implementation project and entering the master template project on the selection screen.

Any additonal thoughts would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Janice

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janice,

before Release 4.0 SP09 you will only see a yellow icon, when there has been a change in the original project you copied (let's call it template project). Only those differences can be copied to implementation project in the compare dialog. When you add items in the copied project (let's call it implementation project) this changes can be seen in the dialog but they are not flagged and they can't be copied back to the template project.

As of SP09 there is a new comparison mode in SA_PROJECT_UPGRADE. Additionally to the default mode I described above <i>flag changes in new version of originial</i> there is a new mode <i>flag changes in current version in project</i>. These differences are flagged with a blue icon. They can be seen on the right hand side of the compare dialog.

However it is still not possible with SP09 to copy those changes back to the template project. But we are working together with a customer to find out how we could support that. In many cases the items you want to add to the template need to be processed before, e.g. documents, BC-Sets, eCatts need to be generalized and can't be used just as they were used in the implementation project.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just posted a related question. Could you have a look and comment? It is titled "Compare and adjust functionality for Solution Directory".

Thanks,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was the problem every resolved here? Janice says she has documents on the Project Documentation tab. In my experience, only changes to the General Documentation tab in the template are flagged in the related implementation project. This is the case even though in the runtime parameters for SA_PROJECT_UPGRADE, there is a selection for project documentation. Also, the compare button appears on the project documentation tab in the implementation project, but doesn't show results. Only if you copy structure elements in the structure tab, rather than using templates in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, does the compare and adjust feature work in the project documentation tab.

Andreas, is there a way to activate this function for project documentation also when using templates?