Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to split a payload or Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have idoc to file scenario.

I have used multimapping ...so that a sinlge idoc with variable headers and line items is mapped into a header and lineitems.The mapping looks good,

However now the requirement is to split the payload or the message and be sent to different recievers ...i.e. one recieving the header another ...recieving a lineitems.

(Using two separate mappings is not an options ...will have to work with the current mapping (multimapping))...

How to go about it .

Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following links

/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/claus.wallacher/blog/2006/06/29/message-splitting-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Link for message mapping with message split

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/f3b31d48fb1bc8e10000000a11466f/content.htm

Amaresh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you can set the cardinality of the target message in message mapping and using the conditions in recevier determination you will be able to acheive this task

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Correct it will work depending upon the configurations what you have done in your interface mapping.

So please check in your interface mapping , like occurs of receiver line items..

after this this can be selcted in Interface mapping with enhanced option select your interface mapping , and for mulriple receivers use receiver determination accordingly..

i hope see some blogs already given in above answers by some experts..

see below links also..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/f3b31d48fb1bc8e10000000a11466f/content.htm

Regards..

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After your first mapping, the result is given in a single MessageType(If i understood correctly). To send it to different receivers you need separate MessageTypes. So the best option is to go for one more mapping, splitting the single MessageType into two messageTypes.

1. Create two messageTypes one for header and LineItems separately.

2. Create a mapping with Single MessageType on the source and two messages on the target side.

3. Create two interfaces for the newly created interfaces.

4. You need to change the target interfaces, with newly created interfaces.

5. Add this in the interface mapping after the first mapping.

Do the configurations as given in the following blog:

Regards,

P.Venkat

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just one Idoc --->2 files ? if so, you can do with enhanced receiver determination option from SP14 and split the messages into different messages

Regards,

Moorthy