cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What controls access to "Control ID's" in SAP"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am incorporating IBM Tivoli Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign On (TAM ESSO), a SSO product IBM OEM's from a small company called Passlogix (www.passlogix.com). This product makes use of window Control ID fields so it can "inject" logon credentials (username, password, client number) directly into the fields. Using the administrative console for ESSO, while sitting on the SAP main logon window (saplogon.exe or saplgpad.exe), I click a button that is supposed to query the SAP Window for its control ID's. When I do, I expect to see them in the form "/usr/txtRSYST-BNAME" (usernme field), "/usr/txtRSYST-BCODE" (password), and so on. In the environment I'm working in, we have had some problems seeing these control ID's. Sometimes they are there, and sometimes they are not, and nobody seems to know why. I'm posting to this forum to see if anyone can help me understand what on SAP controls this type of information. I'm not positive but I think the ESSO tool uses the SAP GUI API to query the form. When the control ID's are not present, I am presented with (non-useful) information about general sections of the logon window defined by classes and ID's, such as "Afx:5B910000:1008" ID: 100. Any direct insight here would be great - but any direction period would be helpful as well.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did anyone solve this issue?? I am facing the same problem from a long time.

the control IDs are not being detected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

We are having the exact same problem. ControlIDs will show up for some applications but not for all of them.

Did you ever sold this problem ? If yes, can you kindly give me some "light".

Cheers

Andre

robert_wagener
Explorer
0 Kudos

Scott,

My company also uses passlogix but we have not tried it with SAP. Were you able to get passlogix working with sapgui?

Rob