cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with JAAS authentication using jboss client

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to make a little compiled application works. It has two parts: a little client(one class) and a server part which runs on a jboss server, and comunicates between them using JAAS + SSL. It works perfectly alone if I run it in a java project, without the messing sap JAAS implementation.

I followed all the steps in:

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700003517632004E.PDF

and managed to apply the configuration into the security service of WAS, using <b>jboss-client.jar</b> as the library with the login module, and <b>org.jboss.security.ClientLoginModule</b> as the login module.

I included the client class into a web service developed for my WAS, packing the class and its library plus jboss-client.jar into my EAR.

But when it tries to do the authentication, sometimes it uses:

<b>org.jboss.security.ClientLoginModule</b> (that's the correct class) but throws a "<b>User is locked</b>" exception.

Have I need to create the user who I use to connect to jboss in my WAS UME ? This has no much sense. Anyway doesn't work either, and the user is not locked.

Other times (withouth changing anything) it uses:

<b>com.sap.engine.system.SystemLoginModule</b> and throws this exception:

<b>com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException</b>: Call logout before login

I have nightmares trying to integrate things which works in every application server but WAS. Why couldn't they simply follow the standard!?

I'm thinking in installing a tomcat with the client, and use axis to wrap it with a web service I can consume from my WAS. Not very elegant solution.

I think it maybe has something to do with specific callback classes from sap implementation.

Any idea? I can't go forward.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you resolve this problem? Please let me know. I have the same issue now and don;t know what I should be doing next