cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get response back from ABAP object

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Newbie here. we are trying to build a HTTP to RFC scenario. we configured the scenario and when we execute (by posting a test xml message from RWB to IE) there is no error but - we dont see the payload back (the values from BAPI) in the response message.

Here are the things we looked at already,

1. There is no error on the RFC communication channel, every time we post the message we do see a log in the communication channel showing that the BAPI was executed.

2. If we execute the BAPI from GUI - we do get the values returned.

3. when we check the SXMB_MONI - the message shows succesfully executed. and we see the following messages for the message - Inbound message, Receiver Grouping and Response. But in the respone there is only SOAP header and SOAP manifest - no payload.

Is there a way to check what is wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When posting from RWB, what is QoS used...it has to be 'Best Effort - BE' to make the call synchronous..

The fact that you saw it in SXMB_MONI means that you executed it as asynchronous(because by default synchronous message doesnot show up)

Please check this

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we were using it 'Exactly Once'.

How can we make the settings so that the synchronous messages also shows up in SXMB_MONI?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do the settings as mentioned in this weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/10/xi-i-cannot-see-some-of-my-messages-in-the-sxmbmoni

You have to do this settings if you are doing synchronous messages for the very first time.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to get the response back from R/3 you have to use QoS Best Effort....

I think you should be able to see the response in RWB itself...you need not activate SXMB_MONI for sync. messages.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies. we got it working.

This is what i understood - If we set the QoS to "Exactly Once" and the messaging becomes asynchronous and that is the reason we are not able to see the payload back on the return response. Is that right?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right. So for synchrnous messages you have to give BE. Then you will see the response back.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you post the payload which you are sending through HTTP Client

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this url for troubleshooting:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

---Satish