cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending Smart form to Printer in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to send a smartform to Printer in SRM ITS. I gave output options and control parameters . When i see the Print dialog box i dont see the Front end printers in that. Normally when we pass LOCL we should see default printer in Print dialog.

When i do print, spool is creating but its not printing at local printer .

I am doing this in SRM ITS ... could you kindly any one tell me what steps need to take to print a smart form at local printer when we call form ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See if the BADI "PRINTER_DETERM_PPF" is of some help.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer to Transaction - SPAD to configure the Printer.

Hope this definitely solve the problem.

Pls reward suitable points.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I tested with basis people and they said that

There 12 or so access methods available in SPAD.

Front end printer (output device) in SAP is LOCL. It's access method is: Printing on Front End Computer.

i am passing LOCL as local in ITS but when print dialog opens i dont see any default printer there . my basis person guided me with SAP note 771683.

Could you any body help me out what steps need to take in order to get default printer in the print dialog in ITS SRM.

is there any parameters need to pass in control parameters , output options ..

I appreciate your help .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For this purpose, you need to implement the function modules code inside the smartform.

<b>GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS

and

SET_PRINT_PARAMETERS </b>

<b>Do a where-used list and see how this function module is used in other statndard programs.</b>

Other relevant function modules which can help are ->

LOAD_PRINT_PARAMETERS Get Print Parameter

STORE_PRINT_PARAMETERS Save Print Parameters

GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS Read, determine, change spool print parameters and archive parameters

SET_PRINT_PARAMETERS Set Spool Print Parameters and Archive Parameters

Hope this will solve your problem.

Do let me know.

Pls reward suitable points.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried but i still have problems . Could you tell me how to send spool id to printer?

do we have any function in ITS which sends to printer by giving spool id ??? . i tried all functions RSPO_OUTPUT_SPOOL_REQUEST but no use.

could any body tell me is there any way to send to printer by knowing spoolID .or is ther any approach to send smartform or converted to PDF to printer ??

I appreciate your help .

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please elaborat, when you need this SMARTFORM to get triggered.

By the way, Have you tried implementaing the following BADIs ?

BBP_CHANGE_SF_BID                                             Smartform for E-Mails to Bidder            
 BBP_CHANGE_SF_CTR                                             Change Smart Form for Contract Output      
 BBP_CHANGE_SF_ERS                                             Change Smart Form                          
 BBP_CHANGE_SF_SC                                              Smart Form Shopping Cart Print             
 BBP_CHANGE_SF_VERS                                            Change Smart Form for Version Comparison   
 BBP_PROCESS_AUC                                               Process Smart Form with Changed Interface  
 BBP_PROCESS_BID                                               Process Smart Form with Changed Interface  
 BBP_PROCESS_CTR                                               Process Smart Form with Changed Interface  
 BBP_PROCESS_PO                                                Process Smart Form with Changed Interface  
 BBP_PROCESS_QUOT                                              Process Smart Form with Changed Interface 

Hope this will help.

Please rewards suitable points.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul ,

Here is my application,

user goes to create confirmation ,before saving confirmation a pop up opens and asks for "DO YOU WANT TO PRINT RECEIPT" if the user clicks on YES then i call the smartform and i need to send to printer and after that i save the confirmation . Saving part is taken care by Standard SAP and i implemented a BADI BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI,inside that i written all this code .

the problem is when i try to send to printer using control parameters and output options i dont see any print out there . from the past 3 days we were trying to see whether PO(Standard program taken care this part) is sending to printer or not but that also not working ...we are thinking that may be we r missing some settings ..

Could you tell me where we were missing ??

I appreciate your help ,Thanks disha but couldnt solve that too.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI is used only for issuing Custom Messages, if any, errors are there in the document.

How this DOC_CHECK badi code will control the Smartform, I am not sure ?

What code, you have put in there in the implementation ? Please paste the code here, so that i can analyze the same.

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please refer to function modules

BBP_OUTPUT_SC_PREVIEW_SMART

BBP_OUTPUT_CF_PREVIEW_SMART</b>

Have you created a copy of the standard smartform OR what ?

Please elaborate.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer to following details.

<a href="http://">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d5/6243ea8a4111d4b605006094192fe3/content.htm</a>

CALL FUNCTION 'GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS'

EXPORTING MODE = 'BATCH'

REPORT = 'MYREPORT'

IMPORTING OUT_PARAMETERS = PARAMS

VALID = VALID.

here we need to set the USER_SETTINGS parameter in the SmartForm to SPACE

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points.

Regards

- Atul