cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

During sales order creation, the storage location needs to be manually entered. I would like to storage location to be automatically determined for sales order creation. Is there a way to do this? I will aprreciate some feedback.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walker,

As per the Standard SAP automatic storage location derivation is not defined at sales order level because of various reasons like

a) order can be created now and delivery document after few months.

b) Material in more than one storage locations.etc.

But,still you can automatically determine this at sales document level by using the User exit .

regards

kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

select particular item and scoll button move to right side and Get the storage location is there and u will change it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Skywalker,

Check transaction OMB2.

In order to determine storage location automatically,your automatic storage location determination should be ticked for your plant and movement type in the above transaction.

Reward points if it works.

Regards

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned by our friend sadhu, storage location is determined by the system by the given formula.

Adding to that that is called as MALA rule. The system takes into consideration the rule which has been given to be taken into consideration to determine the storage location.

Mohan

Award points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the feedback, we cannot determine storage location automatically at the sales order level. But however we can have the storage location determined at the delivery level automatically by

Shipping point + Delivering plant + Storage conditions -

> Storage location

Pl reward if the explanation is useful

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sadhu,

I know how st location is determined automatically in the delivery document. Thanks though!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in config table TVKOL field LGORT is it populated?

and in case the sales order is still not generating the Storage Loc...try using user exit

MV45afzz FORM USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP to populate teh field

reward points if helpfull.

regards

Biju