cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver SOAP adapter problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the following error in moni when i try to consume a webservice. Even SOAP scenarios that were working fine before also are throwing the same error.I have checked some threads regarding the same error and did as mentioned in the same, but of no use. I executed that webservice alone and it is working fine. Any help on this will be appreciated.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapterFramework</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MESSAGE">GENERAL</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/PLAIN</SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack />

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Regards,

Sudheer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems like the response coming back from the SOAP server is not a valid response.....please check the soap request / response using the tcp gateway as mentioned in the OSS note - 856597.

Also refer to the weblog

/people/varadharajan.krishnasamy/blog/2007/01/09/troubleshooting-soap-message--xi

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudheer,

The problem is with the SOAP content type . You need to change it to APPLICATION/XML. It is now TEXT/XML , but your webservice expects it to be APPLICATION/XML.

Look into this thread and see Stefan's answer to change the Content type to APPLICATION/XML.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario worked with the same configuration once. To my surprise it again started throwing the same error. I dont understand this. I think there is some problem with the SOAP adapter on the server side. Some SOAP scenarios that were working fine before, are also throwing the same error. Some one help me on this.

Regards,

Sudheer.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudheer,

Did you set the Adapter Module configuration for the SOAP Content Type and check your scenario?

Maybe the Webservice code has been changed and now it expects APPLICATION/XML, so make the change as pointed by stefan in the thread I have earlier asked you to look into and let me know.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Let me confirm again...From XI , you are making a SOAP call using the SOAP receiver adapter..right ?

If that is the case and you are telling sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnot, it indicates the SOAP service you are invoking from XI due to some reason is sending back non-soap response...

we had encountered scenarios couple of time like this because the user we were using to execute the SOAP call had expired and the SOAP service was returning and HTTP-UNauthorized message back and then in MONI it would show up as the same error as what your are getting.

To check this, (the request/response going back and forth), in my earlier post i suggested using the TCP gateway...

Thanks.