Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Performance DTR

christof_kohler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey,

we have a login performance problem. We use NW2004 with Dev. Studio SP16.

The login to the DTR through Eclipse/ Dev.Studio SP16 takes about 10min., but afterwards the performance is okay. First the login ends up with a popup that says "The Server is unreachable!", but then I am connected and everything works fine.

Is this a common problem ?

Thank you for your help!

Kind Regards,

Christof

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christof,

if you login in a NW2004 IDE the IDE will actually try to contact SLD, CMS, CBS and DTR for each imported configuration. If any one of those servers is unreachable you will probably have to wait for some socket timeout.

So the interesting thing would be: How many configuration do you have imported in the IDE and which server exactly is unreachable? Maybe there's some additional information in some log file that indicates a more precise cause of this problem.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

as Christof is a collegue of mine I can give you some more information: DTR, CBS, CMS, SLD are all on the same server, so if he can connect to one of these JDI components, he should be able to connect to all the others as well.

I think Christof works with 2 development configurations (two different SCs), max. 3, not more.

We had a logfile which displayed some strange message that the CMS is SP15 and the Studio SP16... but I installed SP9 and then did an update to SP16, so we've never had SP15 neither in our JDI nor in the IDE of the developers.

Concerning the socket timeout you mentioned: is there a possibility to find out which setting this is in the JDI? Maybe we have some wrong configuration there...

Thanks for your help and best regards,

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

you should not get socket timeouts if all server components are installed on the same engine. There may be specific connection issues (e.g. if the DTR application is not started), but as long as the engine is alive you should get immediate "503 application not started" responses or something similar.

As far as I know you can only influence the DTR timeouts by manually editing the .dtr/servers.xml file after the configuration was imported. This should not be necessary and would indicate to me that the server is constantly under heavy network load.

Is there perhaps a local issue with name resolving if some server is not using a fully qualified domain name? I'd check all .confdef files in the imported configurations to see if all server URLs use fully qualified names.

Regards,

Marc

Answers (0)