cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Restart J2EE Engine after Reimporting a Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Everytime i remport a model in my WebDynpro project, the NWDS(Webdynpro) prompts me to restart the J2EE engine/server. If i dont do so, then the changes dont get reflected.

My question is: Is there a way to bypass this problem of having to restart the W.A.S.???

Do i need to do some changes in the settings on either the NWDS or the W.A.S, so that i wont have to restart the W.A.S???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I dont think so there is no other option to do this as per my knowledge.

When you reimport the Model U need to restrat the J2ee engine because u are using the AdaptiveRfcModel only not dynamic RFCModel.

Thanks,

Lohi.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hanoz,

Send me mail (see my alternate mail in business card) and I'll send you source for class that invalidates Adaptive RFC Model metadata cache. However, I strongly recommend to use it only in development environment.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanoz,

Currently to be on the safer side you will have to restart the server to get the changes reflected.

However SAP is working on to avoid this restart step. Instead they will be providing a clear cache button in the content administrator of your server. Till then we will have to restart the server

Regards,

Mahesh K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everyone,

Thanxx for the info.

A few points though:

1. Merely restarting the SDM doesnt help.

2. Deploying it without restarting doesnt give any errors, jst that the changes dont get reflected.

I guess the way around the problem is to expose the RFCs as WebServices, and to consume them in the NWDS. <b>But that is somethng i have not tried out</b>

My question about not having to restart the WAS is still open, beacuse i m comfortable with using models

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanoz,

Even if u expose the RFC as WebService server restart will be necessary.

My question about not having to restart the WAS is still open:

There is no work around for this. As there is no other way to clear the cache of the server.

Regards,

Jhansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is indeed necessary to re-start the server. After first model usage metadata gets cached and stay in the cache as long as the server is running. So even if you have modified model via reimport, the old metadata is returned unless you restart the server.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanoz,

Whenever u reimport the model server rastart is necessary otherwise the changes will not be reflected. You will get an error when you deploy the application.There is no go around except restarting the server as the meta data gets cached in the server as long as the server is runnig.So, Once you restart the server the cache will be cleared.

Regards,

Jhansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's better to restart the J2EE server after an reïmported model because if you don't do that it's possible that your application talks to the cached (older) version.

You can first try it without restarting, if you get an error after the re-deployment you can try to only restart SDM (for saving some time). If this doesn't help then you have to restart the J2EE server.

Regards