cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's make thinks easier... (SAPCAR download)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Downloaded NWD studio for 6.40 which was already a longwaiting story with 1000 MB with 2kb /sec but anyhow managed to get things onboard in SAR format.

I used the download centre and searched for SAPCAR.exe with results as showed below:

Question: What version do I need to take for a windows xp machine ?

SAPCAR 6.40

SAPCAR 6.40

AIX 32bit

AIX 64bit

HP-UX on IA64 64bit

HP-UX on PA-RISC 32bit

HP-UX on PA-RISC 64bit

Linux on IA32 32bit

Linux on IA64 64bit

Linux on Power 64bit

Linux on x86_64 64bit

Linux on zSeries 64bit

OS/400

Solaris on SPARC 64bit

TRU64 64bit

Windows Server on IA32 32bit

Windows Server on IA64 64bit

Windows Server on x64 64bit

z/OS 32bit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your post may be in the wrong forum. Maybe if you moved it to the JDI forum where the chance of an answer is higher.

Hope you understand and good luck.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all, yes worked OK, I got it installed with XP and the -xvf command, I think it's handy that we get on the download site a link to the procedure how to use the so called SAR files (a little instruction with SAPCAR required and the location for download together with the commandline instruction to follow)...

All to make things a little faster to handle...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jaap,

I can confirm that for a server running Windows XP (32-bit), the correct SAPCAR file to use is the latest veresion from under 'Windows Server on IA32 32bit'. Note <a href="http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/892842">892842</a> has information about the SAPCAR 7.00 version being downwards compatible and note <a href="http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/212876">212876</a> contains general information.

Regards, Mark

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I would say.............

Windows Server on IA32 32bit

Regards,

Rich Heilman