hi,

can u pls tell me

1.wht is idocs?

2. wht is the use of idocs?

3.how xi will use idocs?

4.who will create idocs?

5.why xi will use idoc ?

6.wht is the functionality of idocs?

7.how sap r/3 uses idocs(my mean is in which scenario ?)

can u explain me in ur won words

regards

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1.wht is idocs?

IDoc is an intermediate document which will be use to communicate between SAP to SAP and SAP to Non-SAP.

2. what is the use of idocs?

for example If you want send the data from SAP system to SAP systems , so functionally tested data can be send through IDoc easily.

3.how xi will use idocs?

Xi use IDoc - XML format. it means the incoming Idocs can be transformed into IDoc-XMl by IDoc Adapter, and sends to Integration Engine and later if receiver is R3 then the receiver Idoc adapter transforms the IDoc -Xml into receiver specific format

4.who will create idocs?

Test IDocs can be created manually and test.

But in general, transaction wise like purchase order ,invoice , deispatch, and master data like material master,customer master... respective Idocs will be creatd automatically .todo this ALE and Nace configuration should be done in these systems.

5.why xi will use idoc ?

See XI will not use idoc , depends upon the business requirement

say for example

invoices are entering by user in one ERP company then immediatly respective IDocs will be created and these will be transformed to respective receivers by XI Interfaces which were done to integrate the sender sys to receiver sys by XI totransfer invices.

6.wht is the functionality of idocs?

Read the Documents provided by SAP , you will understand .

see as you said my own words. SAP R3 uses Idocs means the data can be tranformed and imported through IDocs (not only but one way).

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanque very much for ur response

i have a small doubt .

i hve used rfc to get materials from r/3 in xi. <b>can i use idoc to get material from r/3</b>. as u said transactions like orders , invoice idocs will be created automaticall but in this scenario who will create idoc for materials. and how xi will get material list.

regards

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In SAP R/3 there are many IDOCS already defined

Like For materials ---> Matmas.matmas01,02,03,04,05,06

Even for the orders also ---> Order.order01.02,03,04,05

So you Can use the existing Idocs for the required scenario and import into XI

SAP R/3 to Any system

Regards

Prasad

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using IDoc you can either post a data to r3(inbound) or send a data in Idoc format to other systems(outbound). if you want to fetch the material in idoc structure yes it is possible but again it shud be dealt something with rfc or bapi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am creating order using bapi_salesorder_createfromdat2. can i get idoc automatically after creating order . if it is possible tell me the configuration .

regards

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using BAPI to create an order, IDOC will not be created again.

Either you should use BAPI or an IDOC to create an order. BAPI is sync and you'll know whether sales order got created or errored out immediately. But since IDOC is async you'll know immediate result from XI. you need to go and check in SAP system.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can have the IDoc created if the output types are maintained and configured. But this will not be reflected in the bapi. If you insist in having the data in idoc then u can create a customized bapi which will return the idoc. here you need to write explicit code to frame the idoc strucutre.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if i create order using sapgui ,is idoc for ordre will be generated automatically or not.

regards

Sri

Message was edited by:

SRI KRISHNA CHARAN

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An IDoc is simply a data container that is used to exchange information between any two processes that can understand the syntax and semantics of the data.

IDoc is not a process. The two available process for IDOCs are

Outbound Process

Inbound Process

Several SAP applications use the robust IDOC interface. IDocs serve the basic purpose of transferring data from one application to another.

EDI Integration

ALE Integration

Legacy System Integration

Third-party Product Integration

Workflow Integration

SAP R/2 Integration

Internet Integration

There are basically two types of IDOCs.

Basic IDOCs

Extended IDOCs

pls find time and refer to this link to know more on idocs

[url=http://idocs.de/cookbooks/idoc/cb12_idoc_20_outbound/idoc_outbound_45_rsnast00/docu.htm]http://idocs.de/cookbooks/idoc/cb12_idoc_20_outbound/idoc_outbound_45_rsnast00/docu.htm[/url]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru

1.wht is idocs? -

> IDOC Intermediate document(Which can hold the data ...)

2. wht is the use of idocs? --> To transfer the Data using IDOC

3.how xi will use idocs? ---> XI is using the to integrate based on the Scenario

Idoc to file or File 2 Idoc etc....

4.who will create idocs? ---> We can create the new Idocs or Existing idocs can

be used based on the client requirement and scenario

5.why xi will use idoc ? ---> Sap can send data either in the form of IDOC or RFC

(BAPI) ...so integrate the SAP systems Idocs or Rfc's

will be used

6.wht is the functionality of idocs? ---> just holding the data

every IDOC contains many segments

control,Status,data records

SAP ---XI -

FTP/RDBMS/SAP ...any

any system to SAP

Note : Idoc can be in general Asyn...scenario's

This is the basic information but In SDN APAP CA you can find lot information on this

I hope tihs will help you

Regards

Prasad