cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exiting embedded WD Components / returning to "Master" Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've got two WD Components, let's say BigComponent and SmallCompontent. Both are in different DCs. The SmallComponent retrieves a project list out of R/3 and serves as a look-up table for other components such as BigComponent. I've done all the things necessary to view SmallComponent from "within" BigComponent (by having an outbound plug from a BigComponent view navigate to the inbound plug from SmallComponent's interface view).

What I want to do now is let the user make a selection in the default view of SmallComponent, pass the corresponding data back to BigComponent and navigate back to BigComponent (in the BigComponent view assembly, I've connected the outbound plug from SmallComponent's interface view back to an inbound plug of my choice). But I cannot seem to get this done. When I manually call the outbound plug, I get a "Cannot exit embedded component via outbound plug" exception, so this is not the right way to do it. And I don't want to have to add BigComponent to SmallComponent's Used DCs area, because I'll have many BigComponents that all use SmallComponent as a look-up service. All I would like to do is to "exit" the SmallComponent and get back to BigComponent. Is that possible and if so, how?

Thanks for your help,

Fabian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will,

First, check that your outbound plug is not marked as Exit plug -- it should be just regular outbound plug.

If this doesn't help, then you may:

1. create event in Small component

2. subscribe to event in Big component

3. From Small component fire event (rather then plug)

4. In event handler of Big component do plug navigation

You may pass any data via event parameters, just like with plugs. But first check your plug type

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valery,

thanks for the answer. I did check it as an exit plug because I thought I had to do this to exit the application. Good to know that this was exactly the error!

thanks again,

Fabian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can take data from the used component to the parent component by using External context mapping .

For this the Interface controller's value node should have property isInputElemen = true.

The used component can then act as a data provider . The data will be available through context mapping and not by passing thru plugs.

Regards

Bharathwaj