cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS 4.6D with IE6 & SP2 compatibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I like to know the compatibility for ITS4.6D with IE6 & SP2.

Will there be any problem if we upgrade IE 5 to 6 and SP1 to SP2?

Please reply.

Best regards,

VInodh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, ITS 6.20 will have to be on a standalone box. If you have a portal, intergrated ITS can not be used with 4.6D. I know IE 6 SP1 works with ITS 6.20, not sure of SP2 and would doubt IE 7.

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

The PAM or SAP Note 325616 tells you which web browser versions are supported by ITS 6.20:

Of course IE 6 works with ITS 6.20 (may it be IE 6 with SP1 or IE 6 with SP2). And from ITS 6.20 patchlevel 23 on Internet Explorer 7.0 is supported (on Windows XP Professional).

Best regards,

Henning

Message was edited by:

Henning Pingel

Former Member
0 Kudos

"And from ITS 6.20 patchlevel 23 on Internet Explorer 7.0 is supported (on Windows XP Professional)."

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, an answer to another no related question! I guess I will be upgrading myself!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinodh,

nobody knows that, 4.6D is not more supported, What do you plan to do with the ITS 4.6D?

best regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

We are already running ITS4.6D with Windows XP Prof (SP1) & IE5.

We are planning upgrade to IE6 and SP2. I just want to confirm my management that there will not be any problem at the user end if we upgrade the end users PCs with IE6 and SP2.

I checked the PAM...IE6 is supported, but I want to get it confirmed for SP2.

best regards,

Vinodh.

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

The PAM states that ITS 4.6D is not supported any more since the end of 2003. This means: Even if 99 percent of the transactions or services you use via the ITS 4.6D on a regular basis work smoothly you won't be able to get any support if you encounter a single problem (independent from which browser version you use).

The best thing to do is to use a newer ITS release that has long term support, for example ITS 6.20.

Best regards,

Henning