cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Packed decimals in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

On a project we are receiving data in a file with packed decimals. Does any body have any experiance with how to convert between packed decimals and ascii/UTF-8.

Can i use the file adapter with content conversion to read the file into my XML schema and the use a java mapping to convert the document to something which can be used in a bapi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185751
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Yes, you use the content conversion to convert the file to a XML structure and Use Java Mapping.

Make sure you convert the Packed Decimals to Java's BigDecimal data type.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have now found a method to convert the packed fields to something readable. Which can run outside XI. I also use the content conversion to read the file into a xml message.

When trying to parse the document it is not possible, because of a parser error. The error come because i have binary data in my document which is UTF-8 encoded.

I will probably solve the problem by inserting a module which create the content conversion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel/Sridhar,

We are facing the same problem. Could you tell me how you have solved or send it to my mail xiconsultant@gmail.com

Thanks

SKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we are also facing a similar problem could u mail us that code (id : akshata.m@gmail.com) or explain it in the same thread..

Thanx in advance:-)

Answers (0)