cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Employee Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can anybody help me on emplyee master check table extraction ?

What are the steps for that ? I am unable to find programme to extract check table.

Ms.Tanvi k

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

We are running on ECC 5 and our MDM is on SP04. We are unable to find the extractor program ZMDME_EXTRACT_EMPLOYEES_55x...inour R/3 side.

Can you tell how do we get this one onto our server and the way to import this one onto our server.

Thanks,

Tanvi K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanvi ,

If this is Z program than you have to create in your R/3 system . I hope the program steps would be given in note . Any person who worked in ABAP in your project can do that for you after reading note .

- An

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanvi,

in your case you have to <b>create</b> program ZMDME_EXTRACT_EMPLOYEES_553 manually in your R/3 (as well as the two includes mentioned in my last reply). The source code is provided in the note as well as the required steps to do. Of course, you need at least a little bit of ABAP knowlegde, how to create and run reports and so on... Hopefully there's someone in your team, who can help you? Because doing this remotly via this forum might be a bit tricky.

Kind regards

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael ,

yes , gone thro the note .

As i am new to mdm , unable to understand it fully .

Can you brief me the steps ?

It looks somewhat confusing to me .

Thanks in advance .

Ms. Tanvi K

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanvi,

the note contains several reports that have to be applied to each SAP system where you want to extract the customizing data from.

First of all you have to create two includes (because they contain generic program logic): ZMDME_INITIALIZE_XML_INCLUDE1 and ZMDME_INITIALIZE_XML_INCLUDE2. You can do this in transaction SE38 for example. Please note, that you have to create a Include Programm! Now you may choose to apply the sourcecode via transaction SNOTE or you can simply copy and paste the sourcecode from the SAP note.

Next step is to create the extraction program itsself. You can do this again in SE38, but this time the program must be a test program! A sample extractor for the employee is ZMDME_EXTRACT_EMPLOYEES_553. This program fits to the SP3 Employee repository (the 553 at the end means MDM <b>5.5</b>, SP<b>3</b>. The tricky part is, that you have to choose the right correction instruction for your system. This depends, which SAP basis your system is running on (e.g. 4.6, 4.7, and so on). Once you've transfered the correct code, you can run the extractor.

Kind regards

Michael

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi tanvi,

you might have a look at SAP Note 830864. It contains the required extractors and explains how to use them.

Kind regards

Michael