cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming Web Service In Visual Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there:

I'm using the sneak preview of SAP NetWeaver 2004s ABAP Server and am able to consume in Visual Studio 2005 (C#) all the 'delivered' Web Services without any problems. However, when I create a Web Service through SE37 or SE80 (Wizard WS_WZD_START) using a BAPI or Remote enabled RFC (ie RFC_READ_TABLE) I am getting a error when I try to call it in Visual Studio. In Visual Studio, I am able to add the reference (http://localhost:8000/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/ZRFC_READ_TABLE?WSDL) no problem. When I call it though, I get {"Unable to connect to the remote server"}, with inner exception {"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"}.

I am providing the credentials (username and password) in the code which are the same as when I go to retrieve the reference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Russ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andre:

While I was able to successfully read the WSDL from the url, your response did force me to look at the WSDL file I was bringing in and find the problem.

There is an entry in the WSDL file that was causing the problem.

<soap:address location = "http://localhost ....

when "localhost" was changed to the the actual ip address, the service worked.

Thanks again

Russ

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

I had similar problems. You should download the WSDL file to the local file system. Then you can add the downloaded WSDL file as a Web reference rather than using a URL.

Please note the following issue:

You have to provide the full qualified path <b>including</b> the file name in the text box for the URL and then press Go.

For example:

<i>

C:\Documents and Settings\USERID\My Documents\downloads\SAP\WebServices
Z_BAPI_CUSTOMER_FIND_VI.wsdl

</i>

If you just provide the path and try to select the WSDL file this probably does not work. At least it was not working for me.

Best regards,

Andre