0 Kudos

hi, whats the purpose of a checking rule

sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Checking rule</b> is used to control the scope of the availability check for each transaction in SD. The control of the av. Check is defined by the checking group on the material mast. record and the Checking rule representing the transaction. The checking rule may be configured in the system depending on the application or module, butin the SD module, it is predefined.

Hope it helps.Pl reward ifuseful.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Checking rule is used to define a transaction (order creation, delivery creation etc

)during which the availabililty check can be carried out. For every such transaction, checking rule and checking group combination will determine how the availability check should run.

I think creation of a checking rule is not needed atleast in SD as there are checking rules already available for orders, and delivery and only during those transaction availability check can be carried out.

On more information on how the checking rules are determined, and how is functions, you can get the help of some techie and explore the function module

BAPI_MATERIAL_AVAILABILITY

Pls reward points if it is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I've posted a similar question on the forum. Roeberto et al, can you guys please have a look and see what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

former_member396676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You use the checking rule to control the scope of the availability check for each transaction in sales and distribution. You also specify whether the check should be carried out including or excluding replenishment lead time. The individual checking rules define by transaction, which stock and inward and outward movement of goods should be taken into account for the availability check.

For more information,pl follow this URL

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/b1/c046f5439a11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

reward the points if it is useful.

vrajesh

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have a look to this recent post:

reward points if helpful

regards

roberto