cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

we are trying to do a HTTP to RFC sccenario and we get the following error while sending the message to the remote R3 system - "User xxx has no RFC authorization for function group nnnn".

First we tried giving access to that function group later it complained about another function group and another. Im able to log into the R3 system and execute the BAPI directly without issues.

What RFC related permission should my user have to make the call work from HTTP to RFC?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please see the below threads

Regards..

Chilla..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

check out this thread for the thread for some steps to follow :

Regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would think the user needs the Authorization object 'S_RFC' in its profile with Activity 16 prsent.....If the function group is *, all the FMs can be executed...

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is correct

Sometimes it is worth to check the online help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should use the service user from XI to invoke the RFC. Dialog user may work but we always use service user from XI to invoke an RFC.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give the user name for the service user?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using xi then XIISUSER and the password and if you are using PI7.0 then it is PIISUSER and its password.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

What profiles/roles does PIISUSER need to be in to invoke BAPI objects via RFC?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add T_Y1620035 as a profile and SAP_SLD_CONFIGURATOR, SAP_XI_IS_SERV_USER and SAP_XI_IS_SERV_USER_MAIN as roles to this user.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually i wanted to know what role/profile should this PIISUSER have on the R3 system where the BAPI is located to access the BAPI via RFC.

On the PI system - the PIISUSER already has the profile and roles mentioned.

Thanks.